Enum in Debugger
Author Message
 Enum in Debugger

Does Visual Studio 6.0 (sp3) support showing enumerated type names
rather than their numerical value?

At the moment I'm definately suffering from some "features" (GRRRR)
of the de{*filter*}, like this one...

Cheers,

Matthew

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Enum in Debugger
Matt,

Quote:
> Does Visual Studio 6.0 (sp3) support showing enumerated type names
> rather than their numerical value?

AFAIK, it does (or at least it has worked that way here :)

--
Tomas Restrepo
http://members.xoom.com/trestrep/

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Enum in Debugger
It will show enumerated types in code that's compiled as C++ only.  This is
a side effect of the differences in the semantics of enums in C and C++.

Quote:
> Matt,
> > Does Visual Studio 6.0 (sp3) support showing enumerated type names
> > rather than their numerical value?

> AFAIK, it does (or at least it has worked that way here :)

> --
> Tomas Restrepo
> http://members.xoom.com/trestrep/

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to view enum variables in debugger?

2. typedef enum as subset of another enum

3. enum - enum ?

4. enum - enum ?

5. PLEASE HELP: I AM NEW TO DEBUGGER (Turbo Debugger 3.0)

6. Debugger vs. not debugger difference

7. Debugger question - debugger came up in assembly

8. Enum on Hashtable help !

9. How to enum DirectoryEntries without foreach in C#??

10. enum and combo

11. Getting back int value from Enum?

12. ADSI:IIS properties, who to enum