Remote debugger crashes when loading a DLL
Author Message
 Remote debugger crashes when loading a DLL

Hello,

I use VC++ 5.0 and remote debugging. If I debug a program and I come to a
LoadLibrary of a DLL that should be loaded the host and the client crashes
with an Unrecoverarble Application Error in the DM.DLL (access to a NULL
pointer).
If I run the program without MSVC de{*filter*} it runs fine, the program loads
the DLL and does what it should do. But this is no help because I need the
de{*filter*}.

Any ideas?

Martin Richter
Grutzeck-Software GmbH
Hanau, Germany

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Fon: +49 (6181) 9701-0
Fax: +49 (6181) 9701-66

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote debugger crashes when loading a DLL
DM.dll is a part of the de{*filter*} dll's and its probably crashing and has
nothing to do with your app.

Unfortunately remote debugging does not work very well and its one of the
reasons that I belive the redmond folks don't adverstise it boldly.

Did you try it with the 6.0 product?

Quote:

>Hello,

>I use VC++ 5.0 and remote debugging. If I debug a program and I come to a
>LoadLibrary of a DLL that should be loaded the host and the client

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote debugger crashes when loading a DLL

Quote:

> >I use VC++ 5.0 and remote debugging. If I debug a program and I come to a
> >LoadLibrary of a DLL that should be loaded the host and the client
> DM.dll is a part of the de{*filter*} dll's and its probably crashing and
> has nothing to do with your app.

Chances are you didn't get the MSVCRT.DLL into system32 correctly.
Make sure that the one on the target and local machines are the same,
and that you've rebooted.

--

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote debugger crashes when loading a DLL

Quote:
>> >I use VC++ 5.0 and remote debugging. If I debug a program and I come to
>> >LoadLibrary of a DLL that should be loaded the host and the client

>> DM.dll is a part of the de{*filter*} dll's and its probably crashing and
>> has nothing to do with your app.

>Chances are you didn't get the MSVCRT.DLL into system32 correctly.
>Make sure that the one on the target and local machines are the same,
>and that you've rebooted.

Thanks for your answer. I thought about the same... I found that the
MSVCCRT.DLL is identical on both system with version 6.00.8168.0.
FYI I use VC++ 5.0 with SP3 installed (I forgot this in my first message).

Martin Richter
Grutzeck-Software GmbH
Hanau, Germany

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Remote debugger crashes when loading a DLL
Raj

Quote:
>>I use VC++ 5.0 and remote debugging. If I debug a program and I come to a
>>LoadLibrary of a DLL that should be loaded the host and the client

>DM.dll is a part of the de{*filter*} dll's and its probably crashing and has
>nothing to do with your app.

Oh I know this. If I load the de{*filter*} (also VC 5.0) on the client I can
step over the specific code that caueses the crash the continues and
debugging works fine.

Quote:
>Unfortunately remote debugging does not work very well and its one of the
>reasons that I belive the redmond folks don't adverstise it boldly.

>Did you try it with the 6.0 product?

No. I have still to work with version 5.0... FYI I use VC++ 5.0 with SP3
installed (I forgot this in my first message).

Martin Richter
Grutzeck-Software GmbH
Hanau, Germany

Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Remote debugger crashes when loading a DLL

2. Remote debugger crash when DirectDraw debug=3

3. Remote Debugger: DM.dll failed

4. Need help in remote debugging vb dll loaded in inetinfo

5. Debugger loading dll messages...

6. Debugger fails to load dll (invalid handle)

7. Help: Crash when loading MFC 4.2 dll's in VC6 app (Access violation)

8. regsvr32 crash when registering OCX - Loading dlls dynamically from OCX's

9. DLL crashes on loading

10. how to set up remote debugger?

11. remote debugger doesn't work under win2k (VC6)

12. How to remote debug a system service and its com server?(VC6++ debugger)