error!
Author Message
 error!

Hi guys,

    I ran an application.
    That application crashed saying sth. like "please increase virtual
memory size, it's not enuff". I am not sure if that is the cause of
memory leak. I ran the application under debug mode, it doesn't
complain anything about the memory leaks. Either the de{*filter*} is
buggy or the de{*filter*} isn't supposed to tell me certain kind of
memory leaks. Which case is this ??
    Thanks in advance.

--
--Rob

--
--Rob

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:03:55 GMT
 error!

Quote:

> Hi guys,

>     I ran an application.
>     That application crashed saying sth. like "please increase
> virtual
> memory size, it's not enuff". I am not sure if that is the cause of
> memory leak. I ran the application under debug mode, it doesn't
> complain anything about the memory leaks. Either the de{*filter*} is
> buggy or the de{*filter*} isn't supposed to tell me certain kind of
> memory leaks. Which case is this ??
>     Thanks in advance.
> --Rob

Low virtual memory does not cause memory leaks; memory leaks can cause
low virtual memory.  If it takes a long time before the app crashes
then it probably has a memory leak.  If it crashes quite soon then
some other bug is more likely.

The de{*filter*} only reports memory leaks when the program exits, not
while it is running.  You can add memory checkpoints to look for leaks
as the program runs: see _CrtMemState

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 22:49:02 GMT

1. error, error, error !!!

2. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

3. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

4. vs.net + lnk2019 error +lnk 1120 error

5. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

6. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

7. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

8. Error C2061: Syntax Error

9. Compiler Error: tool returned an error

10. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: unknown error

11. LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during BuildImage

12. error PRJ0003: Error spawning 'cl.exe'.