Using folders in DevStudio's classView
Author Message
 Using folders in DevStudio's classView

Hi,

I've created folders to be used in DevStudio's classView. Sometimes
one module gets moved out of a folder (to the upmost level) and
sometimes I've all folders lost and all my classes in a plain struct
again.

1. is this a bug of DevStudio?
2. is there a patch?
3. in which file are these info's stored (I want to share them with
other developers)?

Regards,
Erich

To Send Email, remove the dashes at the beginning of the e-mail-address!
Erich Hermann

Borsigstr. 10                          Phone:  (+49)711-89661-144
D-70469 Stuttgart                Fax:       (+49)711-89661-107

Sun, 03 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Using folders in DevStudio's classView

Erich,

I think the folder information is held in the .opt file.   I often find that
the same things as you've described happen.

Losing all the folders is  usually caused by the workspace not being closed
properly (e.g. DevStudio crashes) or if the .opt file is read-only, this
happens to me if I've inadvertently included the .opt file in my source code
control system and it has been checked out as a read-only file.

Using the classwizard from the resource editor (e.g. ALT+click on a control
to add a variable) also causes
the matching class to be moved out of the folder and placed in the root
level of the tree - I don't know why this
happens, probably a little bug.

Jason.

Quote:
>Hi,

>I've created folders to be used in DevStudio's classView. Sometimes
>one module gets moved out of a folder (to the upmost level) and
>sometimes I've all folders lost and all my classes in a plain struct
>again.

>1. is this a bug of DevStudio?
>2. is there a patch?
>3. in which file are these info's stored (I want to share them with
>other developers)?

>Regards,
>Erich

>To Send Email, remove the dashes at the beginning of the e-mail-address!
>Erich Hermann

>Borsigstr. 10                          Phone:  (+49)711-89661-144
>D-70469 Stuttgart                Fax:       (+49)711-89661-107

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using folders in DevStudio's classView

2. Disabling DevStudio ClassView Pane updates

3. Messing up ClassView in DevStudio!?

4. Folder icon's not smoothed in XP when using SHGetFileInfo

5. Folder in workplace classview-tree

6. Classview folder always lost

7. ClassView and folders - Still broken?

8. ClassView and folders - Still broken?

9. folders under classview

10. Files in folder position lost in classview and fileview

11. ClassView removing classes in folders

12. Class disappears from folder tree of ClassView pane