debugging in vc5 when vc6 is also installed?
Author Message
 debugging in vc5 when vc6 is also installed?

hi there!

i have vc5 and vc6 both on the same machine.
i still prefer vc5, mainly because the vc6 class browser cannot handle
template classes.
however, sometimes i have to use v6.
my problem: i cannot debug with vc5 any longer.
i browsed my msdn library cd's, but could not find a solution.

is there any?

thanks so far,

sebastian richter

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 debugging in vc5 when vc6 is also installed?

Hello Sebastian,

have a look at following informations regarding this known behaviour:

Q201305 INFO: Debugging VC++ 6.0 Application in VC++ 5.0 De{*filter*}
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Q190487 PRB: MFC Debug DLLs Are Not Compatible Between Versions
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Hope this helps,
Rainer

Quote:
> hi there!

> i have vc5 and vc6 both on the same machine.
> i still prefer vc5, mainly because the vc6 class browser cannot handle
> template classes.
> however, sometimes i have to use v6.
> my problem: i cannot debug with vc5 any longer.
> i browsed my msdn library cd's, but could not find a solution.

> is there any?

> thanks so far,

> sebastian richter

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. App cannot run built by VC5 after VC6 installed

2. App cannot run built by VC5 after VC6 installed

3. Co-install of VC5.0 and VC6.0

4. Can't debug after conv from VC6 to VC5

5. VC5 to VC6 conversion yields debug crash

6. Porting VC5 to VC6: Assert error in Debug, no problem in Release

7. Program crashes during load in DEBUG mode after VC6 install

8. VC5 SQL Server Install Help

9. VC5 Addin for Network Install

10. Co-install of VC5.0 and VC 6.0

11. VC5 Install Problem