debug win32 applications w/ windbg
Author Message
 debug win32 applications w/ windbg

Hi folks:

This is a general question regarding debugging win32 applications for
NT.
Hope you can share your experience with me. Thanks ahead.

Do you know exactly how to prepare VC++ programs for windbg?

I followed the windbg help with no luck. I did that successfully 2 years
old, but this
time it is not working. Maybe I am getting too old...

I tried different combinations of
    compile option
        -Zi -Od
        -Z7 -Od
    link -option
        -debug:full -debugtype:cv -/pdb:none
        -debug:full -debugtype:coff -/pdb:none

and still could not get windbg recongize the symbols.

What is your experience? Do you know what exactly are the compile
and link flags that I need?

I am using Visual developer studio 97 and latest sdk from msdn 10/98.
I know that there are a lot of bugs in windbg but it can't be that bad
that
it can not even read symbol info...

Thanks and pls reply soon.

/steveleung

Fri, 18 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Debugging win32 dll from c# application in 7.1

2. Project Wizard for Win32 Cionsole Applications debug.

3. debugging a remote process using windbg

4. Using windbg to debug crash dumps

5. Windbg dll debugging

6. Debug driver with windbg

7. Win32 debug version and Win32 release version

8. Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release when Fortran files are included (+IMSL)

9. Win32 Debug vs Win32 Release

10. Win32 Debug vs.Win32 Release STL map<short, object*>::iterator

11. Win32 application and Win32 DLL

12. Only Debug Win32 Debug Version Works