Visual Studio crashing in kernel32.dll
Author Message
 Visual Studio crashing in kernel32.dll

Hello,
We have quite a big VC++ project: 1000+ files, 18 dependent submodules, exe
size 18 MB.
We use dev studio 6.0 SP5 on NT4. Every once a while, when we do incremental
build and run the exe from within DevStudio in the debug mode, the dev
studio crashes with exception violation even before it actually loads any
DLLs or the program itself. The output window is blank: no messages at all.
The exception window says that the exception happens in 77f0528c in
kernel32.dll.
What we need to do is to close and reopen devstudio, delete the exe and ilk
files, rerun the build, run the program and all is OK.
On Windows 2000 the problem is even more severe. It doesn't except, but
instead if freezes the whole computer, so I have to press the Reset button
to reboot the OS.
Is this a known problem? Did anybody come across it and find a cure?
Thanks
Cezar

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:05:20 GMT

1. Visual Studio desktop layout (Visual Studio/Visual C++ 6)

2. My program crashes in W98 (Stack Overflow in Kernel32.dll)

3. e: *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

4. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

5. Visual Studio 6 back to Visual Studio 5

6. *HELP* After install Visual studio .Net, the Visual Studio Enterprise 6.0 stops working

7. Microsoft Visual Studio .Net Debugger Crashing

8. Singlestepping in Visual Studio crashes app

9. Visual Studio crashing while running debugger

10. visual studio crashing while running debugger

11. visual studio .net crash

12. visual studio .net crashes