no matching symbolic information found
Author Message
 no matching symbolic information found

I am running VC++ version 6 sp 5 on Win 2000 and get this
message when executing my programs:

Loaded 'C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic
information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL', no matching
symbolic information found.
The thread 0x418 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program 'D:\C++ Programs\Debug\test.exe' has exited
with code 0 (0x0).

The DOS window closes immediately after the program
executes without a prompt to "Press any key to continue"
Thanks for any help.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:55:47 GMT
 no matching symbolic information found
the symbolic info messages aren't of any concern, just means that when it
tried to load the dll it looked for debug info on it and didn't find any.

also the dos window shouldn't say press any key to continue when debugging,
only when being executed

Quote:
> I am running VC++ version 6 sp 5 on Win 2000 and get this
> message when executing my programs:

> Loaded 'C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic
> information found.
> Loaded 'C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL', no matching
> symbolic information found.
> The thread 0x418 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
> The program 'D:\C++ Programs\Debug\test.exe' has exited
> with code 0 (0x0).

> The DOS window closes immediately after the program
> executes without a prompt to "Press any key to continue"
> Thanks for any help.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 04:45:51 GMT
 no matching symbolic information found
Thanks for the reply.  It is during program execution that
the DOS window does not stay open after the program has
finished executing.  Do you have any ideas as to why that
is happening?

Quote:

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 00:57:33 GMT
 no matching symbolic information found
The DOS window is not supposed to stay open after program
execution.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment
http://www.humongous.com/

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:13:50 GMT
 no matching symbolic information found
But it should stay open long enough to let you see the
results of your program until you "press any key to
continue..", shouldn't it?  This is not happeining.
Quote:

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:06:08 GMT
 no matching symbolic information found
No.  Set a breakpoint at the closing curly brace of main( ).

| But it should stay open long enough to let you see the
| results of your program until you "press any key to
| continue..", shouldn't it?  This is not happeining.

Quote:

Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:49:44 GMT

1. no matching symbolic information found

2. no matching symbolic information found

3. "no matching symbolic information found."

4. no matching symbolic information found

5. dbg files (no matching symbolic information found)

6. Newbie Question - No matching symbolic information found

7. No matching symbolic information found

8. no matching symbolic information found

9. no matching symbolic information found

10. No matching symbolic information found

11. "No matching symbolic information found"?

12. Help: No matching symbolic information found