XP Error - HELP ME
Author Message
 XP Error - HELP ME

 I'm using Visual Studio 6 and SP5 has been installed.

 I developed MFC Win32 application that works well in [Windows 2000] and
[Windows 98 SE].
 But it does not work in Windows XP(home edition).

 The error message was....

---------------------------
X:\Output\Release\SecuShare.exe
---------------------------
X:\Output\Release\SecuShare.exeThis application has failed to start because
the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may
fix this problem.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

========
 In the Event Log, three events has been created like following...

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls could not be found and
Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls.
Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your
system.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Generate Activation Context failed for X:\Output\Debug\SecuShare.exe.
Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

========

 I went to that link there is this message not helpful...

Event Details
Event ID: 59
Source: SideBySide

We're sorry
There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event
Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links
in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be
available elsewhere.

========

 When I run in debug mode pressing F5.., I got this message box and VStudio
crushed.

Microsoft (R) Developer Studio has encountered a problemand needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:30:45 GMT

1. XP Error - HELP ME

2. Internal error 2337 when installing .NET on Win XP

3. Excel (XP) error

4. Save file error in VS 6 on XP and W2K

5. Error Message before shutdown Window XP

6. Error Visual C++ Enterprise on windows XP

7. Visual C++ Runtime error in Windows XP, but not in Windows 2000

8. CAsyncSocket WSANOTINITIALISED error on Windows XP.

9. Http Error 406 - from clients in XP?

10. Error by executing d:\win-xp\system32\cmd.exe

11. DialogBar, XP Pro, XP Home, Visual Themes

12. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot