An Image supporting edit contol
Author Message
 An Image supporting edit contol

I'm looking to see if there is such a thing as an edit
control that supports images, like MS Word can do.  I
currently use a rich edit contol to read in RTF files
created in MS Word.  I get all the text formatting, like I
expected, but I would like to support reading images as well
as.

Is there something out there that will suit my needs?  I've
looked at www.codeguru.com.  Maybe I missed something, but I
didn't find anything there.  Is there another site that
might have this information?

You speedy reply is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advanced

--
Alvin Cheng

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 An Image supporting edit contol

If your user were to save a real Word DOC file, you could use Word OLE
capabilities to display that.  That file format can contain either
inline images (images within the DOC file itself) or links to an
external image of a variety of types.  Word can appear as a child of
your CMainFrame in a MDI app.  Your user would have its menus and
toolbars to work with.  One word of caution, when VisualStudio '97 opens
a RTF file on my machine using Word '97, my VisualStudio toolbars and
menu get moved around.  This could happen in your program causing user
frustration.

Quote:

> I'm looking to see if there is such a thing as an edit
> control that supports images, like MS Word can do.  I
> currently use a rich edit contol to read in RTF files
> created in MS Word.  I get all the text formatting, like I
> expected, but I would like to support reading images as well
> as.

> Is there something out there that will suit my needs?  I've
> looked at www.codeguru.com.  Maybe I missed something, but I
> didn't find anything there.  Is there another site that
> might have this information?

> You speedy reply is greatly appreciated.

> thanks in advanced

> --
> Alvin Cheng

  will.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 An Image supporting edit contol

DOC files are Binary files not text files.  The inline images are stored
inside.  HTML files contain only links to images stored elsewhere.  Outlook
achieves the concept of inline images in its HTML e-mail by using links to
attachments.

Quote:

> heyyyyyyyyyyyy

> now a text file with in-line images supported by an image-tag to reference
> the image files ... cool idea ... just think ... we could extend that
> concept to lots more tags and then use it to make a hyper-text type format
> that would really revolutionize the world :)

> should we call it html?   ;)

> >If your user were to save a real Word DOC file, you could use Word OLE
> >capabilities to display that.  That file format can contain either
> >inline images (images within the DOC file itself) or links to an
> >external image of a variety of types.  Word can appear as a child of
> >your CMainFrame in a MDI app.  Your user would have its menus and
> >toolbars to work with.  One word of caution, when VisualStudio '97 opens
> >a RTF file on my machine using Word '97, my VisualStudio toolbars and
> >menu get moved around.  This could happen in your program causing user
> >frustration.

> >> I'm looking to see if there is such a thing as an edit
> >> control that supports images, like MS Word can do.  I
> >> currently use a rich edit contol to read in RTF files
> >> created in MS Word.  I get all the text formatting, like I
> >> expected, but I would like to support reading images as well
> >> as.

> >> Is there something out there that will suit my needs?  I've
> >> looked at www.codeguru.com.  Maybe I missed something, but I
> >> didn't find anything there.  Is there another site that
> >> might have this information?

> >> You speedy reply is greatly appreciated.

> >> thanks in advanced

> >> --
> >> Alvin Cheng

  will.vcf
< 1K Download

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. An Image supporting edit contol

2. An Image supporting edit contol

3. question on Edit contol

4. Edit Contol Question

5. Making Rich Edit Contol look flat

6. Image format support

7. which of the image formats does VC++ support

8. which of the image formats does VC++ support

9. which of the image formats does VC++ support

10. which of the image formats does VC++ support

11. Does List Control Support Images in Sub Items

12. which of the image formats does VC++ support