Newbie questions
Author Message
 Newbie questions

Hi,
how do I compile from command prompt?
is there a way to increase the build number automaticlly every time I do
that?

Thu, 09 Oct 2003 17:04:22 GMT
 Newbie questions

Quote:
> how do I compile from command prompt?

Select Project|Export Makefile and simply run *.mak-File from command promt.
Be shure to have the path to NMAKE.EXE set in your environment path-var.

Quote:
> is there a way to increase the build number automaticlly every time I do

See http://www.codeproject.com/macro/autobuild.asp (from IDE only)

HTH
  Mathias
--

*
* "I am still confused - but on a much higher level" (author unknown)

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:24:51 GMT
 Newbie questions
You can also build direcly from workspace file (.dsw) or project file
(.dsp):
msdev <project or workspace path> /Make <configuration name>

E.g:
msdev myproj.dsp /Make "MyProj - Win32 Release"

Hopefully you accepted registration of environment variables during your
install of VC++...

If not, check out the file vcvars32.bat in the VC98\Bin directory

Regards,
Rune Christensen

Quote:

> > how do I compile from command prompt?

> Select Project|Export Makefile and simply run *.mak-File from command
promt.
> Be shure to have the path to NMAKE.EXE set in your environment path-var.

> > is there a way to increase the build number automaticlly every time I do

> See http://www.codeproject.com/macro/autobuild.asp (from IDE only)

> HTH
>   Mathias
> --

> *
> * "I am still confused - but on a much higher level" (author unknown)

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:08:29 GMT

1. Newbie question ( certainly stupid question)

2. Newbie question: C++ beginner question

3. Newbie Question (VB.NET user)

4. Newbie Question - string to int

5. Newbie Question: Copying HTML content to the clip board

6. C# Newbie question

7. Newbie question

8. Newbie question about memory ...

9. Newbie Question: How to Mark Class as CLS Compliant

10. Sorry for this newbie question...

11. Newbie questions

12. Newbie question about DLLs