redirect TRACE statements output
Author Message
 redirect TRACE statements output

How can I redirect output from TRACE instead of debug window to a
different window or programm which I could display next to my
application and monitor the output without going to the de{*filter*}?
Is there any kind of utility that does it?
Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:57:45 GMT
 redirect TRACE statements output
You could try DebugView which is available from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

David

Quote:

> How can I redirect output from TRACE instead of debug window to a
> different window or programm which I could display next to my
> application and monitor the output without going to the de{*filter*}?
> Is there any kind of utility that does it?
> Thank you.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:29:21 GMT
 redirect TRACE statements output
I tried this utility, but it just does not want to capture the output
from TRACE. The only thing it caputres is dll loading info. May be I
did not change some settings? Any idears?
Thank you.

Quote:
> You could try DebugView which is available from
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

> David

Quote:
> > How can I redirect output from TRACE instead of debug window to a
> > different window or programm which I could display next to my
> > application and monitor the output without going to the de{*filter*}?
> > Is there any kind of utility that does it?
> > Thank you.

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:04:27 GMT
 redirect TRACE statements output
Check out _CrtSetReportMode.
From this, you can set TRACE to redirect to a file, then use
_CrtSetReportFile to set the file handle you want it sent to.
When you call _CrtSetReportMode the first time, save the return value,
because you should call _CrtSetReportMode again when you're finished & set
it back.
Quote:

> How can I redirect output from TRACE instead of debug window to a
> different window or programm which I could display next to my
> application and monitor the output without going to the de{*filter*}?
> Is there any kind of utility that does it?
> Thank you.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 08:16:48 GMT
 redirect TRACE statements output
Works here on Windows 2000. Did you check 'Capture Win32' on the Capture
menu?

Also it won't give you any output if there's already a de{*filter*} attached to
the process.

And I'm assuming you're running the debug build - TRACE does nothing in the
standard MFC release build ;-) Try putting an OutputDebugString("TEST\n")
somewhere in your code.

David

Quote:

> I tried this utility, but it just does not want to capture the output
> from TRACE. The only thing it caputres is dll loading info. May be I
> did not change some settings? Any idears?
> Thank you.

> > You could try DebugView which is available from
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > David

> > > How can I redirect output from TRACE instead of debug window to a
> > > different window or programm which I could display next to my
> > > application and monitor the output without going to the de{*filter*}?
> > > Is there any kind of utility that does it?
> > > Thank you.

> > > Sent via Deja.com
> > > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 01:58:07 GMT
 redirect TRACE statements output
Yes I am running it from the de{*filter*}. It works if I run the programm
outside the de{*filter*}. Can both be combined, running from a de{*filter*} and
capturing output to DebugView or somwhere else?
Thanks.

Quote:
> Works here on Windows 2000. Did you check 'Capture Win32' on the
Capture
> menu?

> Also it won't give you any output if there's already a de{*filter*}
attached to
> the process.

> And I'm assuming you're running the debug build - TRACE does nothing
in the
> standard MFC release build ;-) Try putting an OutputDebugString
("TEST\n")
> somewhere in your code.

> David

> > I tried this utility, but it just does not want to capture the
output
> > from TRACE. The only thing it caputres is dll loading info. May be I
> > did not change some settings? Any idears?
> > Thank you.

> > > You could try DebugView which is available from
> > > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > > David

> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 05:14:02 GMT
 redirect TRACE statements output
I don't think so because of the way the debug environment is designed in
Win32 but I may be mistaken. You may want to use file logging instead or
define your TRACE macro so that it both logs and does an OutputDebugString.

David

Quote:

> Yes I am running it from the de{*filter*}. It works if I run the programm
> outside the de{*filter*}. Can both be combined, running from a de{*filter*} and
> capturing output to DebugView or somwhere else?
> Thanks.

Sun, 13 Jul 2003 18:13:37 GMT

1. Controlling TRACE statement output in debugger

2. VC 5 TRACE output to a file instead of the output window

3. redirecting a debug string to the debug IDE window in non-MFC app (ala TRACE)

4. redirecting a debug string to the debug IDE window in non-MFC app (ala TRACE)

5. Redirect TRACE to a mono display

6. Precompiler and trace statements

7. TRACE Statement Problems

8. Deadlocked TRACE statements - any cure?

9. TRACE Statements

10. Redirecting Process output - Odd Behaviour

11. How redirect output to a buffer?

12. Redirecting input and output of a program