VS IDE freezing when I debug an application with debugger running
Author Message
 VS IDE freezing when I debug an application with debugger running

When I was dubugging an application in VS IDE with de{*filter*} running
and then I moved the mouse to point to one of main menu item, the whole
VS IDE and the application I was debugging to stop responding . I neither
can go back the VS IDE to stop de{*filter*} since the VS IDE was minimized to
toolbar, nor can I go back the application I was debugging.
I have to use task manger to kill VS IDE.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

dyz

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:27:33 GMT
 VS IDE freezing when I debug an application with debugger running
Hi dyz,
What OS are you running? Do you have anti virus software running when you
are debugging the app?
If you are running Win9x or win2000, try to reboot on Safe mode ( press F8
to get the option screen) and debug your app on safe mode. If everything
works fine on safe mode, it means something is conflicting with VC de{*filter*}
on your machine. This could be everything ( drivers, virus scanner or other
third party software ), but in most case it's caused by virus scanner.
Hope this helps.

Jiange

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 04:35:24 GMT
 VS IDE freezing when I debug an application with debugger running
What version of VS are you running? If it is a recent build of VS .NET and
you previously had Beta 2 installed you need to disable the ".NET Framework
Support Service" and reboot. The service is left over from old installs and
causes newer builds to hang whenever you try to start debugging.

> Hi dyz,
> What OS are you running? Do you have anti virus software running when you
> are debugging the app?
> If you are running Win9x or win2000, try to reboot on Safe mode ( press F8
> to get the option screen) and debug your app on safe mode. If everything
> works fine on safe mode, it means something is conflicting with VC
de{*filter*}
> on your machine. This could be everything ( drivers, virus scanner or
other
> third party software ), but in most case it's caused by virus scanner.
> Hope this helps.

Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:36:44 GMT

1. application runs outside the debugger, but cause the msdev.exe crashes when press F5 in IDE

2. application runs outside the debugger, but cause the msdev.exe crashes when press F5 in IDE

3. Detecting Running IDE/Debugger

4. Application freezing under eVC debugging...

5. Help: Console window disappears immediately when running in VS.net IDE

6. How do you run VS.NET IDE?

7. Access violations in IDE debugger, works fine outside of IDE

8. Error Message Trying to Run Any C# Application From IDE

9. application runs very slow in debugger mode

10. Does a application change behaviour when run under msdev debugger

11. VS-Debugger won't free the process on debug-halt

12. Debug program crashes in VS debugger but not outside it