Can I get write out the call stack when an error occurs?
Author Message
 Can I get write out the call stack when an error occurs?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to capture the call stack for debugging output when a
program is not running inside the de{*filter*}?  Basically, I'd like to write it
to an error log along with the typical error information. Thanks in advance.

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I get write out the call stack when an error occurs?
Check out old copies of Microsoft Systems Journal and look for articles by
Matt Pietrek and others on that subject, or get the Jan 1999 Game Developer
Magazine and read the exception handling article I wrote - code available at:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

MSJ is available at

http://www.*-*-*.com/

and on the MSDN.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I get write out the call stack when an error occurs?

Check the new VC6.0 function: AfxDumpStack()

Tom

Quote:

>Check out old copies of Microsoft Systems Journal and look for articles by
>Matt Pietrek and others on that subject, or get the Jan 1999 Game Developer
>Magazine and read the exception handling article I wrote - code available at:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>MSJ is available at

> http://www.*-*-*.com/

>and on the MSDN.

>> Hi,

>> Does anyone know how to capture the call stack for debugging output when a
>> program is not running inside the de{*filter*}?  Basically, I'd like to write it
>> to an error log along with the typical error information. Thanks in advance.

>--
>..Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
>Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.*-*-*.com/

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;  The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting the call stack at run-time

2. How to write down the call stack when program crash

3. WRITE BEYOND STACK ERROR [using wait() and sproc()]

4. Beyond Stack Write error, need help

5. Stack error calling a method of a TreeView interface

6. Stack error calling func ptr from GetProcAddress

7. Stack Error when calling a .dll function...

8. Graphics.DrawLine() produces error: A generic error occurred in GDI+, InteropServices.ExternalException

9. Getting line numbers where exceptions occurs

10. Reading/Writing After EOF Occurs

11. destructor is called before copy-constructor on temporary class (allocated on stack during function call)

12. Getting error message while calling a method of the ATL object from ASP