What is a scalar deleting destructor?
Author Message
 What is a scalar deleting destructor?

Hi!

When building a .dll, the VC5.0 linker gives for each and every class of
my library a scaring warning:

Debug\mrt.def : warning LNK4102: export of deleting destructor "public:
virtual void * __thiscall t_VDRegularGridTravExact::`scalar deleting
destructor'(unsigned int)"; image may not run correctly

F1 tells me the following:

Linker Tools Warning LNK4102

export of deleting destructor <symbol name>; image may not run correctly

The program has attempted to export a deleting destructor. The resulting
delete may occur across a DLL boundary such that a process can free
memory that it does not own. Make sure that the given symbol is not
listed in your .DEF file, and that the symbol is not listed as an
argument of the /IMPORT or /EXPORT option in the linker command line.

Concerning this I have a few questions - because my image definitely
doesn't run correctly - :

1. What is the mangled name of a 'scalar deleting destructor', so that
   I can filter it out of my .def-File? I have tried a
      sed -e "/_Dt_/d" mrt.def > new_mrt.def
   but this didn't hit the right functions

2. How can a destructor delete anything in a DLL? Do DLLs have a heap
   of their own?

3. Is there maybe a cool linker option which filters all those awful
   destructors out, just giving me nice destructors which leave the
   free() call to the underlying c-kernel-lib as should be?

Any hints & pointers are welcome, Your's, Sven.

PS. Please answer CC: to the address below, if you don't mind.
 Sven Havemann - Rosental 24 - 53111 Bonn - Deutschland -
0049/228/656860
Animation
 FG Computergraphik:
 Institut f. Informatik III, Tel:  (0228) 73-4391
 Universitaet Bonn           Fax:  (0228) 73-4382

 D-53117 Bonn, Deutschland   WWW:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~havemann

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 What is a scalar deleting destructor?

Try adding an operator new and operator delete to your exported class.
Hope this helps.

Reg.

Quote:
>Hi!

>When building a .dll, the VC5.0 linker gives for each and every class of
>my library a scaring warning:

>Debug\mrt.def : warning LNK4102: export of deleting destructor "public:
>virtual void * __thiscall t_VDRegularGridTravExact::`scalar deleting
>destructor'(unsigned int)"; image may not run correctly

>F1 tells me the following:

>Linker Tools Warning LNK4102

>export of deleting destructor <symbol name>; image may not run correctly

>The program has attempted to export a deleting destructor. The resulting
>delete may occur across a DLL boundary such that a process can free
>memory that it does not own. Make sure that the given symbol is not
>listed in your .DEF file, and that the symbol is not listed as an
>argument of the /IMPORT or /EXPORT option in the linker command line.

>Concerning this I have a few questions - because my image definitely
>doesn't run correctly - :

>1. What is the mangled name of a 'scalar deleting destructor', so that
>   I can filter it out of my .def-File? I have tried a
>      sed -e "/_Dt_/d" mrt.def > new_mrt.def
>   but this didn't hit the right functions

>2. How can a destructor delete anything in a DLL? Do DLLs have a heap
>   of their own?

>3. Is there maybe a cool linker option which filters all those awful
>   destructors out, just giving me nice destructors which leave the
>   free() call to the underlying c-kernel-lib as should be?

>Any hints & pointers are welcome, Your's, Sven.

>PS. Please answer CC: to the address below, if you don't mind.
>--
> Sven Havemann - Rosental 24 - 53111 Bonn - Deutschland -
>0049/228/656860
>Animation
> FG Computergraphik:
> Institut f. Informatik III, Tel:  (0228) 73-4391
> Universitaet Bonn           Fax:  (0228) 73-4382

> D-53117 Bonn, Deutschland   WWW:
>http://hyperg.cs.uni-bonn.de/~havemann

Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. What is a scalar deleting destructor?

2. "scalar deleting destructor"

3. scalar deleting destructor?

4. "scalar deleting destructor"

5. Impossible to delete object in destructor

6. delete operator and exportable classes with virtual destructors

7. help w/ delete operator and class destructor

8. vector deleting destructor

9. Vector deleting destructor called when regular one will do

10. 'scallar deleting destructor'(unsigned int)

11. "deleting destructor" problem

12. Help with Non-Scalar