PDB files for NT
Author Message
 PDB files for NT

    I guess that somebody's asked for this before, but I've used to work
under W98 or W2k, but now I HAVE TO work on NT4 Workstation. And I can't
debug anything. Everytime I run de{*filter*} it crush. Shows some strange
communicat like Access violation or other. I know that there are needed
.pdb files for some .dll .My project uses a ws2_32 library and other are
standard. Can you tell me, please, where can I find PDB files for
standard windows libraries ? Or maybe you have some other suggestions
how to debug correctly under NT ? Even if you don't, thnx anyway.

Thanks for any help,
Kadett.

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 01:37:55 GMT
 PDB files for NT
you should be able to get them from the service pack, its been a while since
i've had to set that up but you should be able to download the correct file
containing all that from ftp.microsoft.com where the service packs sit

Quote:
>     I guess that somebody's asked for this before, but I've used to work
> under W98 or W2k, but now I HAVE TO work on NT4 Workstation. And I can't
> debug anything. Everytime I run de{*filter*} it crush. Shows some strange
> communicat like Access violation or other. I know that there are needed
> .pdb files for some .dll .My project uses a ws2_32 library and other are
> standard. Can you tell me, please, where can I find PDB files for
> standard windows libraries ? Or maybe you have some other suggestions
> how to debug correctly under NT ? Even if you don't, thnx anyway.

> Thanks for any help,
> Kadett.

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:36:37 GMT

1. PDB API / COFF and PDB file formats

2. About Symbole file ,PDB file.

3. Reading source-file information from pdb-files

4. using FAULT address of EXE sans .pdb in EXE with .pdb

5. Creating Visual C++ 6.0 compatible pdb files

6. drwtsn32 dont find pdb files generated by VC7

7. Building PDB files for release mode (mnidump)

8. Location of pdb files

9. Removing BIN & OBJ Directories - PDB File Error

10. PDB File Problem in ASP.NET App

11. Microsoft PDB files.

12. Microsoft PDB files.