Autoexpand
Author Message
 Autoexpand

Hi,

I made some additions in te autoexpand.dat file.

However, the options are limited(?)
I use a class with a record (char*). There are fields defined by
using the record, an offset and a length of the field.
i.e.
class CClass
{
    char* record;
    int Offset;
    int Len;

}Field;

I'd like to see the field in de watch window, and not the whole record.

I can do that by typing in the watch window
class->record+offset
although I get the remaining record, starting from the field I want to
inspect.

Is it possible to automate this, using autoexpand.dat??

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Autoexpand
No automation is possible in autoexp.dat - sorry

Quote:
> Hi,

> I made some additions in te autoexpand.dat file.

> However, the options are limited(?)
> I use a class with a record (char*). There are fields defined by
> using the record, an offset and a length of the field.
> i.e.
> class CClass
> {
>     char* record;
>     int Offset;
>     int Len;
> }Field;

> I'd like to see the field in de watch window, and not the whole record.

> I can do that by typing in the watch window
> class->record+offset
> although I get the remaining record, starting from the field I want to
> inspect.

> Is it possible to automate this, using autoexpand.dat??

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. autoexpand custom variant problem

2. autoexpand feature

3. AutoExpand

4. autoexpand custom variant problem

5. VC6 AutoExpand functionality for STL containers?