Setting the pdb file for a static library
Author Message
 Setting the pdb file for a static library

Is there a way to instruct the compiler to use a specified pdb file name for
a static link library?
That is I wan MyLib.lib to profude MyLib.pdb (and not vc60.pdb).

Thanks,

Gaddy

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting the pdb file for a static library
I found I had to set the debug info type to C7 compatible. Then there is
no .pdb file generated. That's okay because when you link the library into
an executable or DLL, then the C7 information will get put in that .pdb
file - I think.

They're might be some issues with C7 debug info and precompiled headers,
but I don't remember the details.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.cavedog.com

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. sPECIFYING .PDB FILE FOR A STATIC LIB

2. PDB API / COFF and PDB file formats

3. static library within a static library

4. Differentiate LIB file for static library and LIB file for DLL

5. Linking a static library that uses std::set

6. using resource files in static library routines

7. Static objects in library file

8. Static library version relulting in missing files

9. Static Library Resource File?

10. About Symbole file ,PDB file.

11. Reading source-file information from pdb-files

12. vc wouldn't initialize static members in static libraries