user breakpoint
Author Message
 user breakpoint

Hi,
I'm using an ActiveX (TeeChart), and when I perform the creating of the
chart I get this message
"User breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7629c".
When I press F5 (Go) everything continues okay.
This occur just when I'm debugging the application.
Why does it happened, and how can I solve this problem ?

BTW, this problem does not occurs in every computer.

--
Dani

Sun, 12 Oct 2003 04:09:54 GMT
 user breakpoint
It is probably an ASSERT macro.  Since it is only defined in debug build it
won't happen in release.  ASSERTs are generally used to validate
preconditions and postconditions.  You should verify that the parameters you
are passing are all valid.  You should have the option of debugging by
pressing Cancel button in the dialog.  Ignoring an ASSERTION can cause
memory leaks or exceptions later on.

--
Michael Taylor,MCP
DCS Corp.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I'm using an ActiveX (TeeChart), and when I perform the creating of the
> chart I get this message
> "User breakpoint called from code at 0x77f7629c".
> When I press F5 (Go) everything continues okay.
> This occur just when I'm debugging the application.
> Why does it happened, and how can I solve this problem ?

> BTW, this problem does not occurs in every computer.

> --
> Dani

Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:47:57 GMT

1. Unhandled Exception:User Breakpoint Message

2. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c

3. Mysterious user breakpoint?

4. user breakpoint

5. User BreakPoint problem

6. User breakpoint from code ad 0x77f9f9df

7. user breakpoint

8. user breakpoint in DBGHEAP.c

9. User Breakpoint in WS2_32.DLL

10. User breakpoint called from ...

11. Unexplicable User breakpoint called at 77F9EEA9 - exact error someone else had posted

12. User breakpoint