First-Chance exception
Author Message
 First-Chance exception

Hi all,

I'm debugging a short application with exception handling, and the de{*filter*}
sometimes reports a

    First-chance exception in xDSPCoreTest.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363:
Microsoft C++ Exception.

it seems to happen if an exception is thrown and catched somewhere else.
I looked inside the help, but it doesn't tell me anything about the meaning
of this Microsoft exception.
So I hope somebody could unreveal it's secrets and tell me why and when it
is thrown

Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:37:50 GMT
 First-Chance exception
Hi Oliver,

First chance exception is handled by the application. If it is not handled
by the application, we will see second chance exception. In this situation,
the program will crash because the exception is not handled.

You can have a detailed description in the articles below:

Q105675 INFO: First and Second Chance Exception Handling

You can try debug the program in WinDBG, and you will have more concrete

Hope it helps.

Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:38:51 GMT

1. How to disable a First Chance Exception

2. First-chance exception after deleting CDaoDatabase object

3. Error: First-chance exception in (KERNEL32.DLL) 0x80010108 (no name)

4. Windows CE URLMON.DLL First-chance exception

5. Meaning of message "First Chance Exception"

6. CRecordset and first chance exceptions

7. First-chance exception in xxxxxxxx.exe (KERNEL32.DLL)

8. First-chance exception in Atlhost.h (CAxHostWindow::OnSize())

9. First chance exceptions

10. First Chance Exception

11. First chance exception in ATL server.

12. first chance exceptions?