Break upon entry to module (with source)?
Author Message
 Break upon entry to module (with source)?

I'm stepping through MFC debug code, which makes frequent calls to NTDLL,
Kernel32, etc.. Is there any way to cause the de{*filter*} to break as it enters
any module for which I have source code? Is there any way to set a
breakpoint when it enters a particular module (any function)? I know I could
manually set a break point on the first line of every function, but is there
any way to do this faster than function by function?

tia!

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:33:34 GMT
 Break upon entry to module (with source)?
You can use DebugBreak();
Add it to your source code on the line BEFORE you want to break.
Run your program.  The de{*filter*} will state like:  "User Defined breakpoint
encountered". You will be stuck in assembly in NTDLL or similar.
Bring up the source file where you coded the DebugBreak().  Set a breakpoint
on the next line, where you want to break.
Hit F5 Go.  The de{*filter*} will stop on the breakpoint you set.
Also, don't forget you can often use the stack frame window to climb back to
functions where you
wanted to set a breakpoint.  Then, set a breakpoint and use Restart, or stop
and start the service, if
you're debugging a service, and go again.

Quote:
> I'm stepping through MFC debug code, which makes frequent calls to NTDLL,
> Kernel32, etc.. Is there any way to cause the de{*filter*} to break as it
enters
> any module for which I have source code? Is there any way to set a
> breakpoint when it enters a particular module (any function)? I know I
could
> manually set a break point on the first line of every function, but is
there
> any way to do this faster than function by function?

> tia!

Wed, 01 Oct 2003 03:07:05 GMT

1. get source filename upon crash

2. which module is my code breaking at?

3. breaking long string entries

4. lint on Altos 2000 is BROKE BROKE BROKE!

5. new freeware programming tool, source available: Programming Language Creator 1.00c (with C Interpreter Module)

6. Looking for MPEG Audio Layer-2 sound compression source code or fast module

7. OCX C++ source for Drawing-Package module ?:target->(MSDEV 4.2)

8. Get source module that causes crash.

9. VC++.NET source browser broken???

10. How to break source file into several files?

11. Breaking class methods into seperate source files ?

12. breaking up 1 BIG C source file