Debugging MMX
Author Message
 Debugging MMX

Does anyone know if visualc++ 5.0. can be made
to show the MMX registers ? (not as floating point)

If not, will vc6.0 do this ?

Does have vc6.0 have a significantly better de{*filter*} ?

I would be very grateful if someone could answer these
questions for me before I spend money on vc6.

Thanks in advance

Frans Morsch

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging MMX
No, you cannot see the MMX registers with vc 5 (but I now there is a little
program from Intel that shows the registers in a window, but that's only
under windows 9x).
But, yes in vc 6, MMX registers are displayed in the de{*filter*}.
About the de{*filter*} under vc 6, nothing's really new (except for the edit and
continue), what I noticed most are the amount of bugs in the vc 6 de{*filter*}.
SP 2 hardly fixes any bugs in the de{*filter*}...

Nicolas

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging MMX
Wrong! You can view the MMX registers in VC5.  I wrote MMX code using VC5
and the in-line

This works since the MMX registers are aliased over the floating point ones.

mmx0

And if I remember correctly, this even works in vc4.2

Quote:

>No, you cannot see the MMX registers with vc 5 (but I now there is a little
>program from Intel that shows the registers in a window, but that's only
>under windows 9x).
>But, yes in vc 6, MMX registers are displayed in the de{*filter*}.
>About the de{*filter*} under vc 6, nothing's really new (except for the edit
and
>continue), what I noticed most are the amount of bugs in the vc 6 de{*filter*}.
>SP 2 hardly fixes any bugs in the de{*filter*}...

>Nicolas

Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Debugging MMX registers

2. how to view MMX registers during debug

3. MMX Intrinsic Strangeness

4. How can one benefit from MMX?

5. mmx istructions?

6. Why is my MMX code slower

7. calling different functions for MMX, 3DNow, and neither.

8. mmx?

9. MMX support

10. Viewing MMX registers in Register window under Developer Studio 97

11. View MMX Regs in VC++ 5.0 debugger?

12. viewing MMX registers