Stopping debug ruins the project
Author Message
 Stopping debug ruins the project

I am experiencing a weird problem. If I stop the de{*filter*} (properly,
with the Stop debugging
command), it screws up the project to the point where I can't do
anything. If I try to run the application
from Visual Studio, it says "can't run", or sometimes it will just hang
with the "wait" icon showing.
In that event the only way out is to kill it with the task manager
(ctrl-alt-del, end process). Afterwards,
I can't eve open the project! I have to delete all the project files and
recreate the project.
Strangely, if I run the application from the command line, it works.
Then next time I start using
the de{*filter*}, wham! It does it again.

What has happened? This is VC 5, with all available service releases.
Iv'e been using it for years...

Ed Sowell

Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:36:27 GMT
 Stopping debug ruins the project
Is this on Windows 9x? It is easily got into a confused state if you kill
processes at the "wrong" time. Things get worse if the debuggee is
multi-threaded.
Quote:
> I am experiencing a weird problem. If I stop the de{*filter*} (properly,
> with the Stop debugging
> command), it screws up the project to the point where I can't do
> anything. If I try to run the application
> from Visual Studio, it says "can't run", or sometimes it will just hang
> with the "wait" icon showing.

Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:56:48 GMT
 Stopping debug ruins the project
YEs, Win 98. Part of the the problem (the can't run mgs) was due to not being
able
to find the input file which I had set up for redirection in the Settings
Debug dialog.
I always forget it looks for it in the Project directory, not in the dir
where the exe is.
Also, I seem to have fixed my bug, so the de{*filter*} works again.... when I
don't need it!

Thanks.

Quote:

> Is this on Windows 9x? It is easily got into a confused state if you kill
> processes at the "wrong" time. Things get worse if the debuggee is
> multi-threaded.

> > I am experiencing a weird problem. If I stop the de{*filter*} (properly,
> > with the Stop debugging
> > command), it screws up the project to the point where I can't do
> > anything. If I try to run the application
> > from Visual Studio, it says "can't run", or sometimes it will just hang
> > with the "wait" icon showing.

Thu, 16 Oct 2003 01:12:16 GMT

1. Every Project Stops Linking

2. How to stop IDE from recompiling entire project

3. stops while building ATL or ActiveX projects

4. typedef'd pointers are ruining my day!

5. MFC call ruins Windows 95

6. Who has ruined my VTable???

7. MFC call ruins Windows 95

8. stopping V C++ from debugging external applications

9. menu "Stop debugging"

10. Remote Debug won't stop!

11. STOP 0x50 (E0800004,0,0,0) crash while debugging

12. F12 key which stops application execution in DEBUG doesn't work anymore