Dr. Watson Symbols in Windows 98
Author Message
 Dr. Watson Symbols in Windows 98

I'm not able to get Dr. Watson log files to use symbols in Windows 98.
In NT, all you have to do build with both MS and COFF symbols and Dr.
Watson will use the COFF symbols. However, this doesn't seem to work in
Windows 98. I am using VC++ 6.0.

Interestingly, I noticed that when I build with MS symbols, the exe
size is 161 KB, but when I build with both MS and COFF symbols, the exe
size goes down to 106 KB. That seems a little suspicious, to say the
least. I did check the executable with Dependency Walker, Version 2,
and it indicates that COFF symbols are present, for what that's worth.

Any suggestions (aside from not using Windows 98)?

Thanks,

Everett McKay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 22 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dr. Watson won't show symbols

2. Get Dr. Watson to display symbols

3. Dr. Watson won't show symbols

4. Displaying Symbols w/ Dr. Watson

5. Dr. Watson error on Windows NT

6. Errorlevel checking w-Windows programs / Dr. Watson

7. Help - dr watson is not showing my symbols

8. How To Export Symbol Info To Dr.Watson's Log file

9. Using both Dr. Watson & Visual C++ debugger on Windows 98

10. Newbie Q-howto find C source line from Dr. Watson AV address

11. Dr. Watson

12. Dr. Watson .dmp file