Installing NT Symbols
Author Message
 Installing NT Symbols

Hi All,

I know this question has been asked before, but no one has answered what
I need to know. I have Win NT 4.0 SP4. I tried installing symbols from
both the NT disc and the Visual Studio disc but none of the symbols
installed match the version of the corresponding DLL files of the
system. I've tried looking for the symbol updates for NT 4 with no
success although I know there is one for SP5.

Is there any additional setup required in VC6.0 to recognise that
symbols have been installed? I get errors saying that no matching
symbolic information found when the respective DLLs are loaded.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Minh

--
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars." -
Anonymous

Mon, 13 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing NT Symbols
The NT symbols should be on the SP4 CD.  If you didn't get SP4 on CD,
they're supposedly downloadable from microsoft.com.  But I wouldn't know
where.

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I know this question has been asked before, but no one has answered what
> I need to know. I have Win NT 4.0 SP4. I tried installing symbols from
> both the NT disc and the Visual Studio disc but none of the symbols
> installed match the version of the corresponding DLL files of the
> system. I've tried looking for the symbol updates for NT 4 with no
> success although I know there is one for SP5.

> Is there any additional setup required in VC6.0 to recognise that
> symbols have been installed? I get errors saying that no matching
> symbolic information found when the respective DLLs are loaded.

> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Minh

> --
> "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars." -
> Anonymous

Tue, 14 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing NT Symbols
Hi Minh,

the symbols for SP4 are on the SP4 CD.

You can find them in the \support\debug directory. There are two
self-unpacking files containing the symbols for intel (sp4symi.exe) and
Alpha (sp4symi.exe) processors respectively.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Radu Ogrezeanu-Ghica
Microsoft Germany

Quote:
> Hi All,

> I know this question has been asked before, but no one has answered what
> I need to know. I have Win NT 4.0 SP4. I tried installing symbols from
> both the NT disc and the Visual Studio disc but none of the symbols
> installed match the version of the corresponding DLL files of the
> system. I've tried looking for the symbol updates for NT 4 with no
> success although I know there is one for SP5.

> Is there any additional setup required in VC6.0 to recognise that
> symbols have been installed? I get errors saying that no matching
> symbolic information found when the respective DLLs are loaded.

> Any help greatly appreciated.
> Minh

> --
> "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you will land among the stars." -
> Anonymous

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Installing NT Symbol files..help!?

2. NT System Symbol Setup : Cant install

3. installing NT debug symbols VC++

4. NT Symbol install in Windows 2000

5. Can I install *.dbg symbol tables for win2000 ?

6. How to install debug symbols on Win2000?

7. Installing symbols....

8. Can I install *.dbg symbols for win2000?

9. NT4 - C++ 5 - installing debug symbols

10. Can't install symbol files in VC++ 5.0

11. System symbols are not correct after installing IE4

12. How do I install debug symbols???