User Breakpoint in WS2_32.DLL
Author Message
 User Breakpoint in WS2_32.DLL

I have various computers at work and three of four used for development
produce the exact same error. If I load any project that uses sockets and
run the program, I get a user breakpoint error in ws2_32.dll. The call stack
is

ntdll
kernel
ntdll
ws2_32

I can replicate the problem by running Internet Explorer in the de{*filter*}.
Obviously, not a problem with my code, but a problem in the de{*filter*} or OS.
Does anybody have any ideas?

--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 13:31:01 GMT
 User Breakpoint in WS2_32.DLL
Probably a problem in your code.

Look in the output window. It will probably tell you that there is some memory
corruption or freeing of an illegal memory pointer. Until you can prove that
somebody else is corrupting memory or freeing bad pointers you should
assume that you are passing bad values to ws2_32.dll.

The information in the output window should give you something to
investigate.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment (we're hiring).
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 05:29:16 GMT
 User Breakpoint in WS2_32.DLL
This problem is solved by W2K SP2.
--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> I have various computers at work and three of four used for development
> produce the exact same error. If I load any project that uses sockets and
> run the program, I get a user breakpoint error in ws2_32.dll. The call
stack
> is

> ntdll
> kernel
> ntdll
> ws2_32

> I can replicate the problem by running Internet Explorer in the de{*filter*}.
> Obviously, not a problem with my code, but a problem in the de{*filter*} or
OS.
> Does anybody have any ideas?

> --
> Randy Charles Morin
> http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 04 Nov 2003 08:54:34 GMT

1. DLL debugging weirdness - (User breakpoint called ...)

2. CRT heap, debug configurations, and WS2_32.DLL

3. IP Address without ws2_32.dll

4. Ws2_32.dll

5. Debug version of ws2_32.dll

6. ws2_32.dll

7. WS2_32.dll and gethostbyname on Win95

8. where is ws2_32.dll?

9. Unhandled Exception:User Breakpoint Message

10. User breakpoint called from code at 0x77fa018c

11. Mysterious user breakpoint?

12. user breakpoint