Looking for third party tool
Author Message
 Looking for third party tool

I remember seeing a third-party product that make for easier debugging of
problems. Basically it would trap and log enough diagnostics (in a release
mode executable) that would enable developers to solve issues (particularly
for problems encountered at a customer site).

Now I can't remember the name of that product.

Anyone have any knowledge of such a tool?

Thanks in advance

Eric Young

Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:18:16 GMT
 Looking for third party tool

Quote:

Sounds like BugTrapper, http://www.mutek.com/

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 00:38:19 GMT
 Looking for third party tool

Quote:

> I remember seeing a third-party product that make for easier debugging of
> problems. Basically it would trap and log enough diagnostics (in a release
> mode executable) that would enable developers to solve issues (particularly
> for problems encountered at a customer site).

> Now I can't remember the name of that product.

> Anyone have any knowledge of such a tool?

> Thanks in advance

> Eric Young

If you are interested in diagnosing/resolving computer crashes, try
Bugtoaster.

Bugtoaster is a combination of a tool and a service that simplifies
diagnosing computer crashes.   The tool is an Agent that collects
crash information and automatically uploads the crash information to a
secured web site.   The service includes research to determine root
cause and expertise/training to the Engineering team.

The link below is an example of a diagnosis for a crash in gdi32.dll.
http://www.bugtoaster.com/dw15/Reports/CrashDetail.asp?ExceptionSigna...

For our Corporate customers, we do not publish crash details to the
public website.

Susan Lopez
Team Bugtoaster
www.bugtoaster.com

Mon, 12 Jan 2004 06:53:13 GMT

1. Any third party tool for internationalization

2. Looking for modest third party libraries for printing and graph

3. Third party component set opinions

4. How to link third party .LIB files

5. How to link third party .LIB files

6. Importing third party interfaces that have the same name into an IDL file

7. First-chance exception in third-party DLL

8. Third party DCOM referrals?

9. ?Seeking Recommendations re: Third Party Database Engines

10. debugging 'third party' *.exe

11. First-chance exception in third-party DLL

12. How do I Link with a third party static C library