Class Wizard
Author Message
 Class Wizard

I have one main project with 20 sub projects.  How do I get
the sub projects to show up in the MFC class wizard??  I can
only get the main project to show in the left drop down??

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard
Greets,

    In the FileView pane on the left, select the project that you wish to
modify, right click on the project name and choose "Select as Active
Project" from the context menu.  When the project is highlighted in the File
View pane, you can then use the ClassWizard to make the appropriate changes
to your project.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> I have one main project with 20 sub projects.  How do I get
> the sub projects to show up in the MFC class wizard??  I can
> only get the main project to show in the left drop down??

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard
tried that.....still only shows main project??
Quote:

> Greets,

>     In the FileView pane on the left, select the project that you wish to
> modify, right click on the project name and choose "Select as Active
> Project" from the context menu.  When the project is highlighted in the File
> View pane, you can then use the ClassWizard to make the appropriate changes
> to your project.

> Regards,

> Joe

> > I have one main project with 20 sub projects.  How do I get
> > the sub projects to show up in the MFC class wizard??  I can
> > only get the main project to show in the left drop down??

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard
Greets,

Make sure you close any dialog resources that you have open, set the project
that you wish to work with as I mentioned before, then use Ctrl-W to invoke
the ClassWizard. It should then show the appropriate classes for the active
project.

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> tried that.....still only shows main project??

> > Greets,

> >     In the FileView pane on the left, select the project that you wish
> > modify, right click on the project name and choose "Select as Active
> > Project" from the context menu.  When the project is highlighted in the
File
> > View pane, you can then use the ClassWizard to make the appropriate
changes
> > to your project.

> > Regards,

> > Joe

> > > I have one main project with 20 sub projects.  How do I get
> > > the sub projects to show up in the MFC class wizard??  I can
> > > only get the main project to show in the left drop down??

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard
You might also try rebuilding the class wizard information for the
project. Delete the <projectname>.clw file and restart the
Class Wizard.

Quote:

--
 - Katy

Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
ORMEC Systems           Check out the VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
http://www.ormec.com    MVP/VC++  http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard
tried that before I even posted this....I can get all the files under one project
that way, but not differentiated in the different project categories.
Quote:

> You might also try rebuilding the class wizard information for the
> project. Delete the <projectname>.clw file and restart the
> Class Wizard.

> >Make sure you close any dialog resources that you have open, set the project
> >that you wish to work with as I mentioned before, then use Ctrl-W to invoke
> >the ClassWizard. It should then show the appropriate classes for the active
> >project.

> --
>  - Katy

> Katy Mulvey             Please post replies to the newsgroup, thanks!
> ORMEC Systems           Check out the VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
> http://www.ormec.com    MVP/VC++  http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard
So you can get the CLW information for any single project, just not all
of them at once?

How is your project laid out? (that is, directory names
and locations of the .DSW and .DSP files).

I've had no problems with this myself, and I have several workspaces
with multiple projects. I generally lay them out like this:

Directory structure looks like
  \proj\main\main.dsw
  \proj\main\main.dsp
  \proj\main\sub1\sub1.dsp
  \proj\main\sub2\sub2.dsp

And the FileView looks like
  Workspace 'main': 3 projects
    main files
    sub1 files
    sub2 files

And classwizard does come up with the three projects in the 'projects'
combo on the messagemap page, which is where you've described your
problem.

If you have the same sort of setup, I'm surprised it doesn't work.

 - Katy

Quote:

>tried that before I even posted this....I can get all the files under one project
>that way, but not differentiated in the different project categories.

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Class Wizard
Hi

Files and classes are linked to project files (*.dsp), which are ascii files
that can be viewed by opening them as text files in the editor. The same
goes for the workspace file (*.dsw), which contains references to the
included projects. Take a look into these files - that might tell you
something.

Next thing to do is to clear the class wizard file and reconstruct it. Make
sure that all source files are added to the correct project (Project / Add
to Project / Files) before doing so.

Regards Carsten

Quote:

>I have one main project with 20 sub projects.  How do I get
>the sub projects to show up in the MFC class wizard??  I can
>only get the main project to show in the left drop down??

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Class Wizard or Not Class Wizard

2. Class Wizard won't let me derive a class from my class

3. Trying to add a class with no base class in Class Wizard

4. Class Wizard won't add classes for dialogs

5. Q:customizing class wizard (creating new classes from ODBC src)

6. How Remove a Class Once Added Using Class Wizard

7. Class Wizard and my own base classes

8. Class Wizard doesn't find classes?

9. New class not appearing in Class Wizard

10. class wizard doesn't show my class

11. Class Wizard and derivated classes

12. add class to class wizard