File Version
Author Message
 File Version

Hi,

How can I change the version number of a .dll file through settingd... When
I am using linker option /VERSION:1,01 it is not working I is showing as
1,0,0,1 ie. default version.

I want to keep track of the file version numbers for the dll How can I do
that...
Please reply at the earliest

thank you
regs.
Kiran K

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Version

Quote:

> How can I change the version number of a .dll file through settingd...
> When I am using linker option /VERSION:1,01 it is not working I is
> showing as 1,0,0,1 ie. default version.

Ah, that's a different set of version numbers. The /VERSION linker option
sets a version number in the DLL/EXE header. The version numbers you can
see with Explorer Properties are resources. If you search on VERSIONINFO
in MSDN, it will tell you about them.

---

          "C++ - the fortran of the early 21st century."

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Version

2. File Version

3. Get File Version (Resource) Info?

4. Getting File Version Information

5. File Version

6. Autonumbering file versions in VC++ 6.0

7. How to set file Version details for DLLs

8. Get the file version info.

9. Change File Version of a compiled application.

10. Help with file version info!

11. Accessing file version programmatically

12. Accessing file version info at runtime ?