Read/write access breakpoints with vc debugger ?
Author Message
 Read/write access breakpoints with vc debugger ?

I know that windbg can do access breakpoints (ie., NOT a watchpoint, but breaking
whenever the processor does a read or write to a specific address utlizing the processor
debug registers.). I _think_ I once used these with the vc de{*filter*}, too, but I sure
don't remember how. Is it at all possible ? Can't find anything in the help files.
At times this 'help' makes me really very, very angry :

Microsoft help tells you all you need to know. What do you want to do ?
1. I want to set a break point.
2. Advanced Help :
    2.1. I want to set a second breakpoint (or something like that..)

ARRRGGHH !!! KILL ! KILL ! KILL !

Ah well, thanks in advance for any pointers.

Thomas

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:30:59 GMT
 Read/write access breakpoints with vc debugger ?
Greets,

    You can do some nifty advanced debugging by setting your breakpoints and
also using the "Edit... Breakpoints..." from the dialog, you can select
breakpoints that occur on specific function calls, windows messages and when
data changes.  Also, you can set a condition for the breakpoint.  I was, in
fact, able to set a condition for a breakpoint in which I used the register
as part of the condition (i.e. "eax != 0").

Regards,

Joe

Quote:
> I know that windbg can do access breakpoints (ie., NOT a watchpoint, but
breaking
> whenever the processor does a read or write to a specific address utlizing
the processor
> debug registers.). I _think_ I once used these with the vc de{*filter*}, too,
but I sure
> don't remember how. Is it at all possible ? Can't find anything in the
help files.
> At times this 'help' makes me really very, very angry :

> Microsoft help tells you all you need to know. What do you want to do ?
> 1. I want to set a break point.
> 2. Advanced Help :
>     2.1. I want to set a second breakpoint (or something like that..)

> ARRRGGHH !!! KILL ! KILL ! KILL !

> Ah well, thanks in advance for any pointers.

> Thomas

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:18:23 GMT

1. Upgrading handle with read access to read/write access

2. Upgrading handle with read access to read/write access

3. unhandled exception-access violation when debugger hits breakpoint in C++

4. VB/VC database read/write synchronization

5. Memory Read/write problem using vc++ 6.0

6. Memory Read/write problem using vc++ 6.0

7. can vc++ 4.0 read/write registries in Win95?

8. Reading file written in VB using VC

9. spawning Fortran from VC read/write stdin/stdout

10. C sources for reading/writing binary data to an Access database

11. Reading/writing to an Access 2000 database through the Intenet using WIN32 app

12. C sources for reading/writing binary data to an Access database