Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point
Author Message
 Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point

Hi

I have a problem in my program - suddenly I cannot debug the application
no more.
When ever the program reach a break point the MSDEV stuck and after few
seconds if not closing the MSDEV  the computer stuck. (windows 2000 )

This problem happens on 3 different computers using the same environment
and the same source files + same dsp files  and break point on several
places in the code.

Please help!

Thanks.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:03:46 GMT
 Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point

I'm having an identical problem.  The weird problem is that the
applications run fine when compiled in debug or release mode, but when
run in the de{*filter*} from within VC, they seize at the breakpoints.

I'd love a solution, I think it has something to do with the de{*filter*}
interfering with socket connections.  I have no clue how to fix it.
VC seems very unstable under windows 2000 (VC 6.0/SP5).

--Paul

Paul Fisher
Software Enigneer
Integral Systems
www.integ.com

Quote:
>Hi

>I have a problem in my program - suddenly I cannot debug the application
>no more.
>When ever the program reach a break point the MSDEV stuck and after few
>seconds if not closing the MSDEV  the computer stuck. (windows 2000 )

>This problem happens on 3 different computers using the same environment
>and the same source files + same dsp files  and break point on several
>places in the code.

>Please help!

>Thanks.

Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:17:52 GMT
 Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point
Is it possible that you have an invalid expression in one of the watch window that causes the problem?
Quote:

> I'm having an identical problem.  The weird problem is that the
> applications run fine when compiled in debug or release mode, but when
> run in the de{*filter*} from within VC, they seize at the breakpoints.

> I'd love a solution, I think it has something to do with the de{*filter*}
> interfering with socket connections.  I have no clue how to fix it.
> VC seems very unstable under windows 2000 (VC 6.0/SP5).

> --Paul

> Paul Fisher
> Software Enigneer
> Integral Systems
> www.integ.com

> >Hi

> >I have a problem in my program - suddenly I cannot debug the application
> >no more.
> >When ever the program reach a break point the MSDEV stuck and after few
> >seconds if not closing the MSDEV  the computer stuck. (windows 2000 )

> >This problem happens on 3 different computers using the same environment
> >and the same source files + same dsp files  and break point on several
> >places in the code.

> >Please help!

> >Thanks.

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 01:57:38 GMT
 Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point
Please tell me the address of the crash, the OS #, and the VC6 # you are
using. I can them determine the area of the crash and (maybe) the cause.

It is highly unlikely to be something in the Watch window, and even less
likely to be something to do with sockets as we don't do anything with them
(unless you are debugging remotely of course).

Quote:
> Is it possible that you have an invalid expression in one of the watch

window that causes the problem?

> > I'm having an identical problem.  The weird problem is that the
> > applications run fine when compiled in debug or release mode, but when
> > run in the de{*filter*} from within VC, they seize at the breakpoints.

> > I'd love a solution, I think it has something to do with the de{*filter*}
> > interfering with socket connections.  I have no clue how to fix it.
> > VC seems very unstable under windows 2000 (VC 6.0/SP5).

Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:42:56 GMT
 Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point
I've seen this problem with corrupt *.opt de{*filter*} state files.
Try deleting your exe's ".opt" file.
Rg,
Mike

Quote:
> Please tell me the address of the crash, the OS #, and the VC6 # you are
> using. I can them determine the area of the crash and (maybe) the cause.

<<snip>>

> > > I'd love a solution, I think it has something to do with the de{*filter*}
> > > interfering with socket connections.  I have no clue how to fix it.
> > > VC seems very unstable under windows 2000 (VC 6.0/SP5).

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 20:40:13 GMT

1. Visual C++ crashes when reaching break point

2. Break Point And embedded Visual C++

3. MSDEV 4.2 debugger crashes when break points are set

4. break points - don't break??

5. something broke in Visual C++ 6.0

6. Single-precision floating point for Visual C/C++

7. Problem in migrating from BC++ to Visual C++, Fixed-Point C code

8. fclose in MS Visual C++ crashes...HELP!!!

9. Visual C++ debugger crashes

10. Why is Visual C++ launching on Program crashes?

11. bcsmake.exe crashing in Visual C++ :(

12. visual c++ 6.0 crash on startup after (re)install - drwatson