IDE and Debugger stop
Author Message
 IDE and Debugger stop

I am experiencing some bizarre behavior with the VC 6.0 IDE and
De{*filter*}.  About half of the time that I press F5 to debug, both the
de{*filter*} and the IDE drop like I killed their process with Task
Manager.  This is getting extremely annoying.

By the way:
VC 6.0 sp3
NT 4.0 sp6

Thanks for any and all help,
David

Sat, 07 Aug 2004 00:44:30 GMT
 IDE and Debugger stop
Hi David,

Have you installed any third pary anti-virus applications? Have you
installed any other VS products?

Thanks,

Jacob Yang
reserved

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 17:13:43 GMT
 IDE and Debugger stop
Nope.  Usually the only other software I have running is Outlook and
Explorer.

thanks,
David

Quote:
> Hi David,

> Have you installed any third pary anti-virus applications? Have you
> installed any other VS products?

> Thanks,

> Jacob Yang
rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved

Sun, 08 Aug 2004 23:34:07 GMT
 IDE and Debugger stop
Hi David,

Please check how much free space in your hard drive.

In addition, does this problem occur on every project or some secific
project?

Thanks,

Jacob Yang
reserved

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 15:42:27 GMT
 IDE and Debugger stop
It happens on multiple projects.  Some are large projects, others are small
utilities.  I haven't really been able to predict the behavior.  The project
it most commonly occurs on is on a drive with 2.2 gb free.

Do you have any ideas?

thanks,
David

Quote:
> Hi David,

> Please check how much free space in your hard drive.

> In addition, does this problem occur on every project or some secific
> project?

> Thanks,

> Jacob Yang
rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 02:10:40 GMT
 IDE and Debugger stop
Oh yeah,  the only thing I have noticed is that it tends to start happening
after I have debugged / stopped debuggingj 4 or 5 times.

Quote:
> It happens on multiple projects.  Some are large projects, others are
small
> utilities.  I haven't really been able to predict the behavior.  The
project
> it most commonly occurs on is on a drive with 2.2 gb free.

> Do you have any ideas?

> thanks,
> David

> > Hi David,

> > Please check how much free space in your hard drive.

> > In addition, does this problem occur on every project or some secific
> > project?

> > Thanks,

> > Jacob Yang
> rights.
> > You assume all risk for your use. ? 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights
> > reserved

Sat, 14 Aug 2004 05:39:51 GMT
 IDE and Debugger stop
Hi David,

Please create a default project with the wizard and test it. If the problem
still occurs, we should consider to reinstall the VC.

You can refer to the following KB article Q248347 - HOWTO: Perform a Clean
Installation of Visual Studio regarding this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;ZH-CN;q248347

Thanks,

Jacob Yang
reserved

Thu, 02 Sep 2004 15:19:12 GMT

1. Access violations in IDE debugger, works fine outside of IDE

2. Atl Dll events stop in VB IDE after error triggered

3. Clipboard stops working until you Exit/Relaunch IDE

4. How to stop IDE from recompiling entire project

5. VC++ debugger stops displaying Unicode strings

6. how to get the visual c debugger to stop popping up on buggy webpages

7. how to stop the non-existing debugger

8. Console I/O stops after debugger is entered and exited via Break and Go

9. Some functions stop working after using debugger

10. VC++ 4.0: Debugger not stopping at breakpoints...

11. Cannot process breakpoint while debugger already stopped

12. Stop debugger without target