Debugging VB DLL referenced by C++
Author Message
 Debugging VB DLL referenced by C++

Dear Geniuses, Hack's, Guru's, and Guru want-a-be's,

I have a VB DLL that I am referencing from a C++ project using the
"#import" compiler directive.  I can successfully debug the C++ code
from within MS C++.  The application runs as expected.  Objects are
created successfuly from the VB classes and methods/properties return
the expected results.

I would like to know if there is a way to debug the VB DLL code as
well.  So far, I cannot accomplish this.

I have tried running the VB DLL using the "wait for objects to be
created"
From VB, but the C++ app fails to create the VB class objects.

I have specified the C++ executable as the program to run to debug the
DLL.  When I try that, again, the C++ fails to create the VB class
objects

I have tried stepping into the VB DLL from within MS C++...AGAIN the C++
fails to create the VB class objects.

I have tried changing the compatibility options in case there was an
incompatibility detected by the "#import" directive.  Still no success.

I would greatly appreciate ANY feedback, guesses, hints on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

-Stan

  samditis.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 06 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Trouble with interface reference: vb 5 driving C++ 5 atl dll

2. Debugging C++ DLL which is called from VB

3. VB.NET compiler crashes itself or the IDE, when referencing C# DLL

4. BUG: VB.NET compiler crashes itself or the IDE, when referencing C# DLL

5. Passing an VB array by reference to a VC Win32 DLL

6. Passing References to Functions in DLLs from VB !

7. Referencing a DLL in a VB project

8. HOWTO? Calling VB DLL from C++ DLL

9. I need testers for serial port comm DLL and alpha paging DLL (Delphi, C/C++, VB)

10. call a VB COM dll thru a C++ COM dll from a C program

11. accessing objects in a c++ DLL from a c++ activeX control placed in a VB application

12. accessing objects in a c++ DLL from a c++ activeX control placed in a VB application