How to view a character array in the watch window
Author Message
 How to view a character array in the watch window

If I have a character array over 200-300 in size the watch window seems to
have a limit of only about 150 characters so I can not see the whole string.
I can take the memory address and go to the memory window to see the whole
string, but it is kind of a pain.

Is there a way to view larger strings (character arrays) in the watch
window?

Thanks!

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to view a character array in the watch window

I don't think you can expand this limit, but you can jump to a position in your array:

(pfoo + 200), 10

where 10 is the number of elements you want to watch.

! this is an undocumented VC6.0 feature -> no support, may change, may not work...

Tom

Quote:

>If I have a character array over 200-300 in size the watch window seems to
>have a limit of only about 150 characters so I can not see the whole string.
>I can take the memory address and go to the memory window to see the whole
>string, but it is kind of a pain.

>Is there a way to view larger strings (character arrays) in the watch
>window?

>Thanks!

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.codeguru.com/    The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. view arrays in watch/variable window

2. viewing stl containers in watch window

3. Viewing class members in the watch window.

4. Watch CString in Watch Window problem

5. CString & arrays in the watch window

6. to Scott McPhillips(changing a view window of a frame window to another view window)

7. How to view arrays in the debug watch window?

8. viewing array in debug window

9. Watch an Array

10. Debugger: watch array.