How to view a character array in the watch window
Author Message
 How to view a character array in the watch window

If I have a character array over 200-300 in size the watch window seems to
have a limit of only about 150 characters so I can not see the whole string.
I can take the memory address and go to the memory window to see the whole
string, but it is kind of a pain.

Is there a way to view larger strings (character arrays) in the watch
window?

Thanks!

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to view a character array in the watch window

I don't think you can expand this limit, but you can jump to a position in your array:

(pfoo + 200), 10

where 10 is the number of elements you want to watch.

! this is an undocumented VC6.0 feature -> no support, may change, may not work...

Tom

Quote:

>If I have a character array over 200-300 in size the watch window seems to
>have a limit of only about 150 characters so I can not see the whole string.
>I can take the memory address and go to the memory window to see the whole
>string, but it is kind of a pain.

>Is there a way to view larger strings (character arrays) in the watch
>window?

>Thanks!

-----------------** -- Posted from CodeGuru -- **-----------------
http://www.codeguru.com/    The website for Visual C++ programmers.

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. view arrays in watch/variable window

2. viewing stl containers in watch window

3. Viewing STL Collections and Iterators in the Watch Window

4. Viewing class members in the watch window.

5. Viewing STL Collections and Iterators in the Watch Window

6. Watch CString in Watch Window problem

7. CString & arrays in the watch window

8. to Scott McPhillips(changing a view window of a frame window to another view window)

9. How to view arrays in the debug watch window?

10. viewing array in debug window

11. Watch an Array

12. Debugger: watch array.