Debug a none MFC program with the Debug Window
Author Message
 Debug a none MFC program with the Debug Window

Hi Everybody,

I need to debug a widow c program in VC V. 5. In an MFC I usualy use the
TRACE macro and it goes to the debug window. What do I do when this macro is
not known?
I can use printf but this should print to the output and not to the debug as
I want it to.

Can someone advise?

Thanks In Advance

I. Leshet

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:51:42 GMT
 Debug a none MFC program with the Debug Window
OutputDebugString

Quote:
> TRACE macro and it goes to the debug window. What do I do when this macro
is
> not known?

Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:11:01 GMT
 Debug a none MFC program with the Debug Window
Use OutputDebugString : The OutputDebugString function sends a string to the
de{*filter*} for display.

F. Valetas     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Hi Everybody,

> I need to debug a widow c program in VC V. 5. In an MFC I usualy use the
> TRACE macro and it goes to the debug window. What do I do when this macro
is
> not known?
> I can use printf but this should print to the output and not to the debug
as
> I want it to.

> Can someone advise?

> Thanks In Advance

> I. Leshet

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:55:28 GMT
 Debug a none MFC program with the Debug Window
Hi,
Use OutputDebugString.

Regards,
Pingz

Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:35:05 GMT

1. redirecting a debug string to the debug IDE window in non-MFC app (ala TRACE)

2. redirecting a debug string to the debug IDE window in non-MFC app (ala TRACE)

3. how can i debug a mini-server program(MFC) in another program

4. Debugging programs with no debug information

5. Copying debug version of MFC to another machine for debugging

6. Debug window not getting debug info

7. Debug window not getting debug info

8. Debugging MFC program?

9. Debugging MFC program!

10. Debugging a Service Program in Windows 2000

11. Sending info from your program to the debug window

12. mfc debug output in a non-mfc exe?