VC++ 6.0 edit & continue and libs
Author Message
 VC++ 6.0 edit & continue and libs

I've yet to try out this edit & continue feature since it complains that my
code
is linked as a library.  This is true, but I'm debugging in the library's
project, is there
any way to make it work in this case?

Too bad because most all our code is in libraries, the project that builds
the .exe just ties them together.  Kind of limiting not to be able to use
that on libraries you built with VC++ 6.0.

Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VC++ 6.0 edit & continue and libs

Quote:
>I've yet to try out this edit & continue feature since it complains that my
>code
>is linked as a library.  This is true, but I'm debugging in the library's
>project, is there any way to make it work in this case?

If you mean a static library as opposed to a DLL, then I doubt it
would be able to do it. It works fine for EXEs, DLLs, OCXs.

Dave
----
there's no need for follow up email copies.
http://www.bj.co.uk

Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. MC++ disables edit-and-continue across libs

2. /clr & edit &continue

3. Edit & Continue

4. Edit & Continue, header files

5. Visual Studio .NET (Edit & Continue)

6. Edit & Continue: Debugging

7. MS VC ver 6.0 dynamicly linked mfc libs problem

8. MS VC ver 6.0 dynamicly linked mfc libs problem

9. Converting VC libs to Watcom libs

10. sgi STL & vc++ 6.0

11. VC++ 6.0 - intellisense stops working after edit

12. VC 6.0 speed problem after editing resources