Preloaded symbols may not match?
Author Message
 Preloaded symbols may not match?

What does the message below mean?  I get it when I try to run the VC4
build-in de{*filter*} on a Win32 command line project.  The de{*filter*} does not
seem to work, ignoring breakpoints and execute to cursor.

   "Preloaded symbols may not match" path_and_name_of_exe

Olaf
TomoTherapy

Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Preloaded symbols may not match?
Its trying to tell you that additonal dlls that you loaded using the
additional dll dialog is are not the one's that the debuggee is picking up -
look at the output window for list of dll's loaded and make sure their
absolute path matches what you put inot the additional dll dialog

Quote:
> What does the message below mean?  I get it when I try to run the VC4
> build-in de{*filter*} on a Win32 command line project.  The de{*filter*} does not
> seem to work, ignoring breakpoints and execute to cursor.

>    "Preloaded symbols may not match" path_and_name_of_exe

> Olaf
> TomoTherapy

> Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Preloaded symbols may not match?
More specifically, it's telling you that the path to the actuall DLL and the
path you provided do not match.  This doesn't mean the wrong DLL or PDB was
loaded.  It's only an issue of the two versions of the files are not
identical.  You're better off changing the entry in the additional DLLs
dialog (Project Settings,Debug,AdditionalDLLs) to match the actual bits.

Sorry Raj.

-Jay

Quote:
> Its trying to tell you that additonal dlls that you loaded using the
> additional dll dialog is are not the one's that the debuggee is picking
up -
> look at the output window for list of dll's loaded and make sure their
> absolute path matches what you put inot the additional dll dialog

> > What does the message below mean?  I get it when I try to run the VC4
> > build-in de{*filter*} on a Win32 command line project.  The de{*filter*} does
not
> > seem to work, ignoring breakpoints and execute to cursor.

> >    "Preloaded symbols may not match" path_and_name_of_exe

> > Olaf
> > TomoTherapy

> > Please remove "noSpam" to get my email address

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Preloaded symbols may not match <remoteapp>...

2. afxstate.cpp debugging symbols don't match

3. Need matching symbols for OLEAUT32

4. How to match DLL and debug symbols?

5. kernel32.dll no match symbol

6. No matching Symbol Error

7. Using types in a different assembly given that the type may be used or not used

8. Since I may not have included enough information..

9. What looks efficient may not be

10. HSTMT bindings may not be changed

11. may be not suit for this group but

12. atl com and vb client - the interface not match