NoStepInto feature and STL
Author Message
 NoStepInto feature and STL

Hi all,
I have some problems to use the NoStepInto feature with the Microsoft
implementation of STL; how I can say to de{*filter*} to NoStepInto STD
classes?
For hinstance I would like NoStepInto the vector or string template,
these are correct?

std::*=NoStepInto

std::basic_string<*>=NoStepInto

Thanks

Ludovico Cellentani

Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NoStepInto feature and STL

Quote:
> Hi all,
> I have some problems to use the NoStepInto feature with the Microsoft
> implementation of STL; how I can say to de{*filter*} to NoStepInto STD
> classes?
> For hinstance I would like NoStepInto the vector or string template,
> these are correct?

> std::*=NoStepInto

> std::basic_string<*>=NoStepInto

The only way I have made the NoStepInto work with templates is to step into
a method of the templated class and then swipe the class and method name
from the Call Stack window.  For instance, I know the following works:

_com_ptr_t<_com_IIID<_CallServer,&_GUID_603f0663_3b96_11d2_9645_080009cb54bd

Quote:
> >::*=NoStepInto

NOTE: I haven't been able to figure out how to use a "*" to catch all
template types.  It would be cool if you could do :

_com_ptr_t<*>::*=NoStepInto

but that doesn't seem to work.  Perhaps this will work in VS 7.0 (or is it
VS.NET?)

Keith

Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NoStepInto feature and STL

Quote:
> The only way I have made the NoStepInto work with templates is to step into
> a method of the templated class and then swipe the class and method name
> from the Call Stack window.  For instance, I know the following works:

> _com_ptr_t<_com_IIID<_CallServer,&_GUID_603f0663_3b96_11d2_9645_080009cb54bd>
> >::*=NoStepInto

> NOTE: I haven't been able to figure out how to use a "*" to catch all
> template types.  It would be cool if you could do :

> _com_ptr_t<*>::*=NoStepInto

> but that doesn't seem to work.
> Keith

Thanks Keith to answer me, I will try to apply yours advices.

Ludovico Cellentani

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 NoStepInto feature and STL
Maybe you can find usefull this link

http://www.*-*-*.com/ {*filter*}.shtml

Ludovico Cellentani

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. NoStepInto feature in Autoexp.dat

2. Strange VC++ 5.0 / STL bug/feature?

3. No NoStepInto?

4. VS.Net and NoStepInto

5. NoStepInto not working in VS.NET?

6. AutoExp.dat and NoStepInto

7. NoStepInto and std::string

8. Conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

9. ATL conflict between VC 7 STL and SGI STL - how to resolve

10. typedef'ing iterators in MSVC's STL (not the HP STL)

11. MFC + STL < STL

12. STL Newbie: STL maps