How to debug .rc file in a ATL COM dll
Author Message
 How to debug .rc file in a ATL COM dll

My ATL COM dll compiles successfully, but gives error when I tries to
register it using regsvr32.exe. The message is
DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716 (Thespecified
resource name cannot be found in the image file. ).
How to debug a resource file in ATL COM DLL ?

Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:00:58 GMT
 How to debug .rc file in a ATL COM dll

Quote:
> My ATL COM dll compiles successfully, but gives error when I tries to
> register it using regsvr32.exe. The message is
> DllRegisterServer abc.dll failed return code :0x80070716 (Thespecified
> resource name cannot be found in the image file. ).
> How to debug a resource file in ATL COM DLL ?

Hi,

You might be able to set a breakpoint in your DllRegisterServer and step
from there and identify what's going on. You might have to step through some
ATL code like AtlComModuleRegisterServer and/or CComModule::RegisterServer
to nail this issue.

I hope this helps you.

--
-Shankar
Visual C++

Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:31:37 GMT

1. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

2. ATL COM dll compiles OK in debug mode, but v slow in release mod e

3. Debugging a ATL COM dll running in IIS

4. Registering Both Debug and Release version of ATL COM Dlls

5. ATL COM - Passing ATL COM classes through another ATL COM class in the same app

6. Debug version of ATL COM DLL fails to register, MinDependency OK

7. A DLL file in the resources file .RC

8. The dll file size of a atl com

9. diff b/w usual .dll and .dll developed in atl com

10. basic que abt pure C++ COM Dll and ATL dll

11. Converting Plain DLL to ATL COM based Dll

12. Embedding DLL into .rc file