Profiling problem...
Author Message
 Profiling problem...

    I'm trying to profile a project but it simply doesn't work.  All the
EXEs and DLLs have the 'Enable profiling' option checked in their project
settings and the whole project was rebuilt, but the 'Profile' under the
'Build' menu is not activated. All I could find in MSDN about this problem
was an install issue that is for MSVC 4, not for 6.0 (which I'm using). So I
had no choice and profiled it in Command Prompt mode, but it's pretty
annoying knowing that there's an appropriate UI for that purpose. Any ideas
how I can enable the 'Profile' and use it instead of dos-prompt (though it
worked just fine this way)?

Alex

Sat, 04 Jun 2005 23:59:36 GMT
 Profiling problem...
I believe this is the correct solution:
Use RegEdit or RegEdt32 to navigate in your registry to the following
key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\DevStudio\6.0\General
Add a new DWORD value named "ProfilerInstalled", and give it value 1.

Quote:
>     I'm trying to profile a project but it simply doesn't work.  All the
> EXEs and DLLs have the 'Enable profiling' option checked in their project
> settings and the whole project was rebuilt, but the 'Profile' under the
> 'Build' menu is not activated. All I could find in MSDN about this problem
> was an install issue that is for MSVC 4, not for 6.0 (which I'm using). So I
> had no choice and profiled it in Command Prompt mode, but it's pretty
> annoying knowing that there's an appropriate UI for that purpose. Any ideas
> how I can enable the 'Profile' and use it instead of dos-prompt (though it
> worked just fine this way)?

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:33:00 GMT
 Profiling problem...
It really solved the problem. Thanks for the advice.

Alex

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 16:40:42 GMT

1. Profiling problems

2. Profiling problems

3. profile problem ????

4. Profiling Problems

5. Please help me on this profiling problem! - The exception Breakpoint (0x800000003)

6. Profiling a dll with prep, profile from commandline.

7. Profile output window is blank when profiling with IDE

8. : How to display mail profile settings dialog box for the selected profile

9. Profile .ini or registry profile control

10. problems profiling

11. Problems with gcc/g++ and profiling

12. How to Profile all threads with one profile session ?