Debugging console program with long name
Author Message
 Debugging console program with long name

If I put this standard piece of code in a project with a long name (more
than 8 letters) then it can not be debugged. De{*filter*} ignores the
breakpoint that I put at "printf..." line. There is a red dot at the
begining of the line but the program don't stop at that point.
If the size of the project name is less or equal 8 then it works fine.

[CODE]
#include <stdio.h>

void main()
{
        printf("Hello, world!");

Quote:
}

[END OF CODE]

I have VC++ 4.0 and VJ++installed on my computer with Windows NT 4.0.  I
also have problems debugging Java programs as well.

Why?

/------------------------------------------------/
  Leon Andrejas
  GISDATA Ljubljana
  Saranoviceva 12
  SI-1000 Ljubljana

/------------------------------------------------/

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging console program with long name

That's a known bug.  You need to get the patch whcih is available at
http://microsoft.com/visualc

Make sure you get the Service Pack 2
--
All I want to say to you is
                                De do do do de do do do

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. PIF for debugging console program?

2. Arguments for console program under debug?

3. Converting long variable names to names <8 characters

4. How to convert short path names to long path names

5. Converting short path name to long path name

6. char size (was long long long long long int)

7. Building a Console Program without the Console Window (HELP)

8. long long long long integers

9. Difference between a console program and windows program?

10. long file names?

11. Name Long Field is Invalid - MailMerge

12. Long file name under windows.