Remote debugging doesn't work 
Author Message
 Remote debugging doesn't work

1. Assume there is my computer A.
2. I added my account into De{*filter*} User group in a remote computer B.
3. A program P is runned by without attaching any de{*filter*} in computer B.
The files which are used by program P are accessible by everyone.
4. I opened Process List dialog box in VS.NET in computer A and selected
computer B and double-clicked on program P. And selected only native
runtime. (Program P doesn't use CLR runtime.)
5. ..finally, an error message "access denied" is displayed.
6. I added my account into B's administrators group and tried again, and the
same error message box is displayed.

Where did I miss? Please reply me how to fix it.

Bae, Hyun-jik



Sat, 28 May 2005 16:43:20 GMT  
 Remote debugging doesn't work
Which transport are you trying to use?  Have you installed the remote
debugging components on machine B?

--
Visual C++ Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


Quote:
> 1. Assume there is my computer A.
> 2. I added my account into De{*filter*} User group in a remote computer B.
> 3. A program P is runned by without attaching any de{*filter*} in computer B.
> The files which are used by program P are accessible by everyone.
> 4. I opened Process List dialog box in VS.NET in computer A and selected
> computer B and double-clicked on program P. And selected only native
> runtime. (Program P doesn't use CLR runtime.)
> 5. ..finally, an error message "access denied" is displayed.
> 6. I added my account into B's administrators group and tried again, and
the
> same error message box is displayed.

> Where did I miss? Please reply me how to fix it.

> Bae, Hyun-jik



Mon, 30 May 2005 02:22:47 GMT  
 Remote debugging doesn't work
Was P launched by you or by another user on B


Quote:
> 1. Assume there is my computer A.
> 2. I added my account into De{*filter*} User group in a remote computer B.
> 3. A program P is runned by without attaching any de{*filter*} in computer B.
> The files which are used by program P are accessible by everyone.
> 4. I opened Process List dialog box in VS.NET in computer A and selected
> computer B and double-clicked on program P. And selected only native
> runtime. (Program P doesn't use CLR runtime.)
> 5. ..finally, an error message "access denied" is displayed.
> 6. I added my account into B's administrators group and tried again, and
the
> same error message box is displayed.

> Where did I miss? Please reply me how to fix it.

> Bae, Hyun-jik



Mon, 30 May 2005 07:14:03 GMT  
 Remote debugging doesn't work
Yes, it is already installed in B.


Quote:
> Which transport are you trying to use?  Have you installed the remote
> debugging components on machine B?

> --
> Visual C++ Team
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.



> > 1. Assume there is my computer A.
> > 2. I added my account into De{*filter*} User group in a remote computer B.
> > 3. A program P is runned by without attaching any de{*filter*} in computer
B.
> > The files which are used by program P are accessible by everyone.
> > 4. I opened Process List dialog box in VS.NET in computer A and selected
> > computer B and double-clicked on program P. And selected only native
> > runtime. (Program P doesn't use CLR runtime.)
> > 5. ..finally, an error message "access denied" is displayed.
> > 6. I added my account into B's administrators group and tried again, and
> the
> > same error message box is displayed.

> > Where did I miss? Please reply me how to fix it.

> > Bae, Hyun-jik



Tue, 31 May 2005 18:54:21 GMT  
 Remote debugging doesn't work
P is launched by another user who is a desktop logged-in user on B.



Quote:
> Was P launched by you or by another user on B



> > 1. Assume there is my computer A.
> > 2. I added my account into De{*filter*} User group in a remote computer B.
> > 3. A program P is runned by without attaching any de{*filter*} in computer
B.
> > The files which are used by program P are accessible by everyone.
> > 4. I opened Process List dialog box in VS.NET in computer A and selected
> > computer B and double-clicked on program P. And selected only native
> > runtime. (Program P doesn't use CLR runtime.)
> > 5. ..finally, an error message "access denied" is displayed.
> > 6. I added my account into B's administrators group and tried again, and
> the
> > same error message box is displayed.

> > Where did I miss? Please reply me how to fix it.

> > Bae, Hyun-jik



Tue, 31 May 2005 18:56:41 GMT  
 Remote debugging doesn't work
Are you by chance going over a TS session?  Because what you described seems
like it should work.

Also are you running msvmon?

Try msvmon -anyuser


Quote:
> P is launched by another user who is a desktop logged-in user on B.



> > Was P launched by you or by another user on B



> > > 1. Assume there is my computer A.
> > > 2. I added my account into De{*filter*} User group in a remote computer B.
> > > 3. A program P is runned by without attaching any de{*filter*} in computer
> B.
> > > The files which are used by program P are accessible by everyone.
> > > 4. I opened Process List dialog box in VS.NET in computer A and
selected
> > > computer B and double-clicked on program P. And selected only native
> > > runtime. (Program P doesn't use CLR runtime.)
> > > 5. ..finally, an error message "access denied" is displayed.
> > > 6. I added my account into B's administrators group and tried again,
and
> > the
> > > same error message box is displayed.

> > > Where did I miss? Please reply me how to fix it.

> > > Bae, Hyun-jik



Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:33:05 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. local EXE works,remote doesn't

2. remote debugger doesn't work under win2k (VC6)

3. ReadEventLog( ) doesn't work properly with remote host

4. ReadEventLog( ) doesn't work properly with remote host

5. NMAKE doesn't work for debug build

6. _ATL_DEBUG_INTERFACES/_ATL_QI_DEBUG doesn't work

7. RtlFreeHeap ADO Connection Open() doesn't work no more in Debug Mode

8. debugging-tooltip doesn't work with cstring

9. Debugging app that calls ExitWindowsEx doesn't work

10. F12 key which stops application execution in DEBUG doesn't work anymore

11. Debug Version of program works, release doesn't

12. Debug version works, Release version doesn't

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software