dynamicaly invoke the IDE debugger for services
Author Message
 dynamicaly invoke the IDE debugger for services

can I make a call from ANY process that will invoke the IDE de{*filter*} at
the entry point to a service?

Steven

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 dynamicaly invoke the IDE debugger for services
Here's a suggestion:

put
 _asm int 3 ;

at the entry points of interest (intel alone)

On NT:
set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Auto to 1
(this tells NT to automagically JIT applications without popping up the JIT
msg box)

on win'9x
do same thing - I don't know the key location:

this should do something similar to what you wanted

Quote:
> can I make a call from ANY process that will invoke the IDE de{*filter*} at
> the entry point to a service?

> Steven

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access violations in IDE debugger, works fine outside of IDE

2. IDE Crash when edit window is split and list member auto pop-up invoked

3. Invoking the eVC debugger (for an ATL COM component) thru an eVB application

4. How to invoke MSDEV.exe debugger ?

5. Invoking VC++ debugger from CommandLine

6. Invoke debugger programmically in VC++

7. Debugger not invoked on DirectX renderer crash

8. Debugger not invoked at crash

9. Invoking debugger at runtime..

10. Dynamic Method call ( Invoke method ) failing in service when compiled as ReleaseMinDependancy

11. How to invoke word for appl running as NT service

12. Invoking Windows Services property window from VB/VC++