Debugging DLLS
Author Message
 Debugging DLLS

Hi,

I'm trying to write a stub project to debug a dll I'm working on.

when I set the path to the dll file I want to debug under the Project |
Settings | Debug tab the compiler complains that It cannot find the
reference
to the method I'm calling in the stub project.

I'm pointing to the right lib.

Has anyone any ideas what might be wrong?

cheers
john

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,000+ groups

Sat, 27 Sep 2003 20:32:58 GMT
 Debugging DLLS
Hello,

Have you tried putting the name of the program that calls your dll?  If I
remember correctly, you can't launch a dll directly, you can only call it from
another program.  Same goes with debugging; to debug it, put the program that
calls your dll in the Project | Settings | Debug space, click through the warning
about "source symbol file missing" (or whatever it is) for the calling program
and then debug the dll as normal.

Hope this helps!

timothy

Quote:
I'm trying to write a stub project to debug a dll I'm working on.

when I set the path to the dll file I want to debug under the Project |
Settings | Debug tab the compiler complains that It cannot find the
reference
to the method I'm calling in the stub project.

I'm pointing to the right lib.

Has anyone any ideas what might be wrong?

cheers
john

.

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:40:31 GMT

1. Debigging non-debug process and debug DLL

2. NON-debug DLLs in debug

3. Debugging child process, Startup .EXE for debugging DLL

4. Installation of VC++.NET DLLs (including debug DLLs)

5. Debug DLL called by DLL

6. Debugging DLL called by a DLL

7. c++ debug .dll

8. debugging DLL problem

9. debug .dll in .NET

10. debugging dll from ASP pages

11. adding symbolic info debug dll

12. How to debug .dll, .exe written in C