event tracing API experience
Author Message
 event tracing API experience

Hi there,

I'm new in the usage of the event tracing system that MS has introduced in
Win2000. My problem is that the samples I've found run only on Windows XP
and are very complex. Has anyone used the event tracing API for debugging or
activities tracking under Windows 2000?

Thanks for help
Christian

Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:58:43 GMT
 event tracing API experience
Hello Christian,

We have some Event Tracing samples on our book's web site which should
work on Windows 2000.

We also have an Event Tracing Walker that allows you to visually
control and view the event traces.

If you need a very detialed and comprehensive discussion about the
Event Tracing system and its APIs, then Chapter 13 of "Developing WMI
Solutions" covers it all.

You can download the samples and Event Tracing Walker from
www.wbem.co.uk. There's also an event tracing provider framework to
make event tracing within an application a lot easier...

Gwyn Cole
co-author of "Developing WMI Solutions"

Quote:
> I'm new in the usage of the event tracing system that MS has introduced in
> Win2000. My problem is that the samples I've found run only on Windows XP
> and are very complex. Has anyone used the event tracing API for debugging or
> activities tracking under Windows 2000?

> Thanks for help
> Christian

Sun, 24 Jul 2005 01:57:42 GMT

1. Using LogEvent() to trace events.

2. Trace Writing to particular Trace Listeners

3. How to map api event in C#?

4. NT event logging API - Expert required

5. Win 32 API mouse Click Event

6. API to catch events on NT4 ??

7. Help: MSN Messenger.Net API - Event Delegate

8. API events and WORD in C#

9. API Monitor: Spy on API Calls with this Free Utility

10. Search Info about SCC API (Source Code Control API)

11. Experience working with RealCT API from Rhetorex/Lucent/Brooktrout?

12. Unified Event Model - VC7.0 C++ Unmanaged Events