MSDEV crashes during debugging
Author Message
 MSDEV crashes during debugging

MSDEV.EXE crashes consistently with the message

the instruction at "0x..." referenced memory at "0x...". The memory could
not be "written"

when running to a breakpoint and single stepping.

This happens consistently (with different addresses) for a project with 10
C++ source files and 8 header files.

I am running Visual C++ professional v6 SP4 on Windows NT4 SP6A.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 MSDEV crashes during debugging

Proposed to install back SP3 to Visual C++ .We had large problems from SP4
.From this what oneself I read through in SP4 became improved compiler .Can
be also problems with memory .
--
Pawel

Quote:
> MSDEV.EXE crashes consistently with the message

> the instruction at "0x..." referenced memory at "0x...". The memory could
> not be "written"

> when running to a breakpoint and single stepping.

> This happens consistently (with different addresses) for a project with 10
> C++ source files and 8 header files.

> I am running Visual C++ professional v6 SP4 on Windows NT4 SP6A.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks in advance,
> Andrew

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 MSDEV crashes during debugging

I had the same problems with SP3.

Quote:

> Proposed to install back SP3 to Visual C++ .We had large problems from SP4
> .From this what oneself I read through in SP4 became improved compiler
.Can
> be also problems with memory .
> --
> Pawel

> > MSDEV.EXE crashes consistently with the message

> > the instruction at "0x..." referenced memory at "0x...". The memory
could
> > not be "written"

> > when running to a breakpoint and single stepping.

> > This happens consistently (with different addresses) for a project with
10
> > C++ source files and 8 header files.

> > I am running Visual C++ professional v6 SP4 on Windows NT4 SP6A.

> > Any ideas?

> > Thanks in advance,
> > Andrew

Sun, 27 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. MSDEV Crashing While Debugging

2. MSDEV Crashing While Debugging w/SP5

3. msdev crash in debug mode

4. MSDEV crashes when entering debug mode

5. MSDEV-CRASH when trying to debug app

6. YES,MSDEV crashes when debugging

7. MSDEV crashes when debugging

8. MSDEV crashes when debugging after SP3

9. MSDEV crashes when entering debug mode

10. MSDEV-CRASH when trying to debug app

11. crash during debugging on entering function call

12. How to Detach COM interface during debug or after a crash