C++ Fatal Error
Author Message
 C++ Fatal Error

I am trying to learn how to program in C++ but have this problem:
I have written this code but I cannot compile becasue I get the following
error:

fatal error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header file: 'Debug/Scope01.pch':
No such file or directory

Please Help!!

Thanks!

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ Fatal Error

Rebuild all..

Quote:
> I am trying to learn how to program in C++ but have this problem:
> I have written this code but I cannot compile becasue I get the following
> error:

> fatal error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header file:

'Debug/Scope01.pch':
Quote:
> No such file or directory

> Please Help!!

> Thanks!

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ Fatal Error

The simplest thing to do would be turn turn off precompiled headers.

What is supposed to happen, typically, is that one file is setup to
build the .pch file, and the others use it. For some reason it didn't
get built.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment.
http://www.humongous.com/

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 C++ Fatal Error
What are PCH (precompiled header) files ?

PCH (precompiled header) file generation is enabled by default in many of
the AppWizard generated projects. It is mainly provided for faster
compilation. PCH files are generated using stdafx.h and stdafx.cpp files.
If you are not careful; you will run into some obvious problems. If a C or
CPP file is including stdafx.h (i.e. #include "stdafx.h") then don't
include any files before it, the following article documents this:

Q119329 AppWizard and Precompiled Header Files

Don't delete stdafx.cpp file or remove it from the project, you may get a
C1083 error. If you want to disable PCH file generation then do the
following:

1.      Select Settings from the Project menu.
2.      Select the C/C++ Tab.
3.      Select "Precompiled Headers" from the Category combo box.
4.      Select "Not using precompiled headers".
5.      Click OK button.

After disabling PCH you can then remove stdafx.cpp files from your project
(you can choose to remove stdafx.h file also). If you add a new C or CPP
file to a project that has PCH file generation enabled then add #include
"stdafx.h" statement first to avoid the "fatal error C1010: unexpected end
of file while looking for precompiled header directive" compiler error. See
Creating Precompiled Header Files topic in the MSDN Library.

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. eMbedded Visual C++ fatal error selecting NEW

2. fatal error C1189: #error : MFC requires C++ compilation (use a .cpp suffix)

3. Fatal Error C1010 in Mixing Managed C++ and Unmanaged C++ Code

4. Resourse Compiler Fatal Error RW1031 (Visual C++ 1.52)

5. fatal error C1002: compiler is out of heap space in pass 2 (Visual C++ 5.0 + SP3)

6. eMbedded Visual C++ fatal compile error

7. eMbedded Visual C++ fatal compile error

8. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

9. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

10. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

11. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR

12. fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR