Help Help, A simple Debugger Problem
Author Message
 Help Help, A simple Debugger Problem

Dear  Everyone:

Following a simple C Program just for showing the problem I have with
DEBUG. I use debug with watch varaible x, f(x), g(x). At first three
value of x the watch shows the function values, however after that it
shows -1.#IND00000000 nuber for values of f(x) and g(x). Could
somebody there explain to why and how to remedy this problem. Iwill be
very grateful for any help. Thank you.
Moe
#include<stdio.h>

double f(double);
double g(double);

void main(void)
{
double x;
x=0;
x=1;
x=2;
x=3;
x=4;
x=5;

Quote:
}

double f(double x)
{
        return(x);

Quote:
}

double g(double x)
{
        return(x);

Quote:
} #include<stdio.h>

double f(double);
double g(double);

void main(void)
{
double x;
x=0;
x=1;
x=2;
x=3;
x=4;
x=5;

Quote:
}

double f(double x)
{
        return(x);

Quote:
}

double g(double x)
{
        return(x);

Quote:
} #include<stdio.h>

double f(double);
double g(double);

void main(void)
{
double x;
x=0;
x=1;
x=2;
x=3;
x=4;
x=5;

Quote:
}

double f(double x)
{
        return(x);

Quote:
}

double g(double x)
{
        return(x);
Quote:
}

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help Help, A simple Debugger Problem
Why was the source code pasted in three times? Was there some
significance to that?

I compiled and ran the code in debug mode, with the three watch
variables as indicated, and all worked perfectly. When I break on
or before the x=0 line, all three lines display garbage, 'cause x is
not initialized. After that they all show the same correct value.

I'm using VC++ 6.0 SP3.

I compiled it as C++.

You'll have to let us know what is different in your setting from mine.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Cavedog Entertainment.
Makers of Total Annihilation - http://www.cavedog.com

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. PLEASE HELP: I AM NEW TO DEBUGGER (Turbo Debugger 3.0)

2. Debugger problem, please help

3. Problem with Debugger/IDE in VC++6 Pro, NEED HELP PLEASE

4. simple form post problem.. please help

5. Simple WebService problem with .NET - Help!

6. HELP! (simple C problem)

7. HELP:Extremely Simple problem -- Thanks!!

8. Newbie needs help on simple problem

9. Need help on simple problem

10. HELP with simple Linked List problem...

11. Help: Simple Linked List Problem

12. Help with a simple problem