Problem using OutputDebugString under Windows 2000 in a service
Author Message
 Problem using OutputDebugString under Windows 2000 in a service

Hi there!
Ive got a problem using OutputDebugString from a service running under
Win2000.
Outputs just dont get to DBWIN32 (or whatever other debug-monitor-program I
use).
Ive seen that NT 4.0 used to have this problem until SP2, too.  Is there
any way I can
solve this problem?

Tobias

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem using OutputDebugString under Windows 2000 in a service

There was some talk about this being a problem if you don't have
administrator privileges - have you tried that?

You can also try writing an OutputDebugString wrapper, that sends
output with OutputDebugString and to a file or pipe.

Quote:

--
.Bruce Dawson, Humongous Entertainment (we're hiring).
http://www.humongous.com/

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem using OutputDebugString under Windows 2000 in a service

Quote:

> There was some talk about this being a problem if you don't have
> administrator privileges - have you tried that?

Yep - Ive let the service run as a user having admin-rights and also as
localsystem.
I had the dbwin32 run as admin and a user with admin-rights - made no
difference.

Quote:
> You can also try writing an OutputDebugString wrapper, that sends
> output with OutputDebugString and to a file or pipe.

I guess thats what I will end up doing if MS doesnt fix it in SP2, because
I already
installed SP1 (it didnt work before either) - but it sucks, Id rather use
the existing
tools...

Tobias

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. BUG: OutputDebugString Output Fails to Appear on Windows 2000

2. Problems with custom services in Windows 2000

3. DAO problems using windows XP and access 2000

4. Windows 2000 problem using DrawState

5. OutputDebugString is not working in Service under Windows 2003

6. windows 2000 pro or windows 2000 server?

7. Making a service in Windows 2000

8. Performance Counters in Windows 2000 Services

9. Debugging a Service Program in Windows 2000

10. Writing a Service for Windows 2000/NT

11. popen behavior in a Windows 2000 service

12. Windows NT/2000 Service with MFC and Sockets