autoexp and STL
Author Message
 autoexp and STL

I use the STL quite often, and like it, but I only have one regret : It
does not display well in the de{*filter*}.

Ok, I know I can go very deeply inside the internal structure of the
classes to look their content, but IMHO, a std::vector should just be
displayed as an array.

I recently discovered the autoexp.dat file, and I wonder if it could be
possible to use it to acheive my goal.

But before I start this project, since I am a bit lazy, I would like to
know if anyone did it before. I tried on google, but did not find
anything beyond displaying string with VC++ 5...

So, does anyone have any experience about it ?

--
Lo?c

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:33:13 GMT
 autoexp and STL

--------------------

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.de{*filter*}
| Subject: autoexp and STL
| Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:33:13 +0100

2002 22:34:35 GMT)

| I use the STL quite often, and like it, but I only have one regret : It
| does not display well in the de{*filter*}.
|
| Ok, I know I can go very deeply inside the internal structure of the
| classes to look their content, but IMHO, a std::vector should just be
| displayed as an array.
|
| I recently discovered the autoexp.dat file, and I wonder if it could be
| possible to use it to acheive my goal.
|
| But before I start this project, since I am a bit lazy, I would like to
| know if anyone did it before. I tried on google, but did not find
| anything beyond displaying string with VC++ 5...
|
| So, does anyone have any experience about it ?
|

| --
| Lo?c

Unfortunately it's not possible to use autoexp.dat to customize the
visualization of templates. We are looking into this issue for future
releases of the product.

--
Silviu Guea, Visual C++ Team

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:48:36 GMT

1. autoexp and stl templates

2. AutoExp.dat and member variables of (STL) string type

3. REPOST: AutoExp.dat and STL string member variables

4. using autoexp to aid stl debugging.

5. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

6. autoexp.dat and function calls

7. std::vector and autoexp once again

8. autoexp.dat and VC7

9. AutoExp.dat with Interfaces

10. BUG: autoexp.dat is wrong for std:basic_string

11. BUG with: AutoExp.dat in VC.NET

12. HOWTO: Enhancing AUTOEXP.DAT - Creating Custom Type Evaluator Routines